Can my souse change in the US on spouse visa

Old Feb 20th 2021, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Diamond8877 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can my souse change in the US on spouse visa

Hi all

I hope you are all okay.

My partner recently got his spouse visa. We have been looking for flights and most of them will require him to change over in the US.

I know he will require a ESTA but when I try to complete the form to see what they asked for, they asked for country of issue and country of citizenship. It doesn’t have Jamaica on the options.

I would appreciate if someone can advise me please if he is allowed to change flights in the US on a spouse visa from Jamaica.

thank you
Old Feb 20th 2021, 1:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can my souse change in the US on spouse visa

Originally Posted by Diamond8877 View Post
Hi all

I hope you are all okay.

My partner recently got his spouse visa. We have been looking for flights and most of them will require him to change over in the US.

I know he will require a ESTA but when I try to complete the form to see what they asked for, they asked for country of issue and country of citizenship. It doesn’t have Jamaica on the options.

I would appreciate if someone can advise me please if he is allowed to change flights in the US on a spouse visa from Jamaica.

thank you
Unless he has another citizenship, he can't get an ESTA as Jamaica isn't one of the countries that comes under the program - https://www.dhs.gov/visa-waiver-program-requirements

If not, then if he doesn't have an existing B visa, AFAIK he'll need to apply for a Transit Visa - https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...s/transit.html
Old Feb 20th 2021, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Virgin Atlantic go non stop from Sangster International airport to London Heathrow ?
Old Feb 20th 2021, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Arww okay thank you.
Old Feb 20th 2021, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl View Post
Virgin Atlantic go non stop from Sangster International airport to London Heathrow ?
there isn’t any at the moment unfortunately, they all say to change at Miami but I’m going to keep looking, thank you
Old Feb 20th 2021, 9:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Diamond8877 View Post
there isn’t any at the moment unfortunately, they all say to change at Miami but I’m going to keep looking, thank you
Direct flights restarting from early April.
Old Feb 20th 2021, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
Direct flights restarting from early April.
Yes.... must admit I looked at April dates.......
Old Feb 21st 2021, 12:27 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much everyone. Really appreciate your help.
Old Mar 28th 2021, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi everyone.

Hope everyone is well.

I’ve taken everyone’s advise in regards to my previous post.

We have looked at applying for a visa to change flights in the US but the process is really long so we decided to not go that route, instead, if we need to extend we would do that instead.

We had flights in April but so far, each one we booked has been cancelled. Apparently Jamaica is looking to start having direct flights from the U.K. after 13 April so I was thinking, direct flights from Jamaica to the U.K. will also be available by then.

My question is do we wait to see if flights are available from the 13th, or do we apply for a visa to change flights in the US - I have heard that the decline rates for US visa is high so we don’t want to book the flights and then lose our money because we didn’t get the visa.

If we need to extend his visa to come to the U.K., do we need to do that within a specific timeframe?

We can’t think of what else to do.

I hope someone can advise us please.

Thanks so much
Old Mar 28th 2021, 1:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Keep it simple and fly direct. There’s nothing to say that flights to and from the US won’t be cancelled if flights to the UK are. If necessary I would apply for a new vignette for your husband’s UK visa rather than trying to obtain a US visa.