Can my overseas company offer to pay me in the UK?

Old Nov 1st 2014, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

carn1x is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can my overseas company offer to pay me in the UK?

I've been with the same employer for 4 years overseas and I would like to return to the UK to live in March and so my wife would like to apply for a spouse VISA. Can my overseas employer offer me continued employment where by they pay me in the UK in order to satisfy the guaranteed job offer?

I would definitely exceed the before and after salary requirement of £18,600, however I'm wondering if the company needs to have any sort of legal presence in the UK for it to be eligible? Would the fact that Id be getting paid into a UK bank account and therefore pay UK tax be enough?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, we're having a bit of confusion making our way through the new online VISA application process, we've selected the VISA type: Settlement - Settlement - Marriage

However in the Sponsor section for "What is their relationship to you?", spouse or husband is not listed anywhere, the closest option being "Other Relative" which seems like a crazy omission and makes us worried we're going down the right path!

Thanks again!

Last edited by carn1x; Nov 1st 2014 at 1:39 pm.