Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

can my british boyfriend help me for sponsoring my kids? please need advice..

can my british boyfriend help me for sponsoring my kids? please need advice..

Old Nov 21st 2016, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

jho81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can my british boyfriend help me for sponsoring my kids? please need advice..

hi i am a single mum here in UK. i am a FILIPINO holding ILR VISA i'm 2 years separated with my husband but not yet divorce.we have two kids back home in the Philippines AGE 13 was born in the Philippines and 4 years old born here in UK.i wanted to get them here both; i went through solicitor but my earnings or is not enough to sponsor them. i didn't tell my solicitor that i'm living with my new partner now.the immigration required Β£22,400 for two dependant and mine is less than annually.One of my friend told me if i can ask my boyfriend to help me just to combine both our salary then i will hit the target because we live together. MY question;is there any possibility that my boyfriend can help to sponsor my two kids? does anyone had an experienced or idea about it? i'm so desperate to be with my kids. Cant get back home the job opportunity is here.There is an option for my 4 years old daughter i can register here as a british citizen because she was born in UK and i am holding an ILR VISA right now but mySOLICITOR said not yet sure if i can make it coz shes not living here 3 years and she need to be here for biometrics and photo physically... PLEASE ADVICE... THANK YOU...
Old Nov 21st 2016, 7:17 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can my british boyfriend help me for sponsoring my kids? please need advice..

Where is your boyfriend - in the UK?

Who are the two dependants you're looking to sponsor? - if they're your children then the one born in the UK is likely (assuming you had a legal right to live in the UK) already a British citizen and doesn't need sponsorship, so you'd only need Β£18,600 to sponsor one immigrant.

Do you have your husband's (or the other child's father) permission to remove him/her (or "them" if the younger child isn't your boyfriend's) from the Philippines?

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 21st 2016 at 7:21 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can my british boyfriend help me for sponsoring my kids? please need advice..

Your boyfriend cannot sponsor your children as you are still married to someone else and your boyfriend therefore has no basis to sponsor you i.e although you are living with him he has no legal standing as a sponsor - he is neither long term partner or spouse.

Is the father of the 4 year old British? Were you married to the father at the time of her birth?
Old Nov 21st 2016, 7:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
..... Is the father of the 4 year old British? Were you married to the father at the time of her birth?
While that's one possible route to the child already being British, it would be irrelevant so long as the mother was living in the UK legally when she gave birth to the child.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

My boyfriend is in the UK and i'm living with him right now. the two dependants are my kids from my stranged husband.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
While that's one possible route to the child already being British, it would be irrelevant so long as the mother was living in the UK legally when she gave birth to the child.
my stranged husband was a filipino and now british citizen by naturalization were still married not even legally separated. but he dont care about our kids. by the time i gave birth with the wee one i was holding a dependant visa and he had working permit so thats the reason why my daughter didnt get her citizenship.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think my question is irrelevant. The mother could have been in the UK 'legally' (visitor/work visa or something elsebut not yet settled with ILR) and the father could be a citizen from Uzbekistan (legal or illegal)

That would not give the child automatic British citizenship.

Just being born in the UK itself does not automatically convey British citizenship.

Just wanted some further details of the circumstances of the young child.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jho81
my stranged husband was a filipino and now british citizen by naturalization were still married not even legally separated. but he dont care about our kids. by the time i gave birth with the wee one i was holding a dependant visa and he had working permit so thats the reason why my daughter didnt get her citizenship.
So he obtained his British naturalisation AFTER the child was born?
Old Nov 21st 2016, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

So he obtained his British naturalisation AFTER the child was born?
Yes... he just got his British citizenship last year..
Old Nov 21st 2016, 8:28 pm

I don't think my question is irrelevant. ....
I didn't say it was irrelevant, I said it would be, which is entirely different, and you had entirely ignored my previous post.

The rest of your post just details the exceptions under which your post would not be irrelevant.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

I didn't say it was irrelevant, I said it would be, which is entirely different, and you had entirely ignored my previous post.

The rest of your post just details the exceptions under which your post would not be irrelevant.
Anyway guys thank you for your replies so the answer to my question is a big NO.. I'm just hoping that could be possible becoz that's the only way I can bring them here aside from my earnings.. I don't have contact with my ex...
Old Nov 21st 2016, 9:21 pm

Anyway guys thank you for your replies so the answer to my question is a big NO.. I'm just hoping that could be possible becoz that's the only way I can bring them here aside from my earnings.. I don't have contact with my ex...
While you are working on your divorce and getting your finances in order you should work on being able to document that you have the approval of your children's father to remove them from the Philippines.

In the event that you cannot contact the father, or he won't provide such approval, you should obtain a court order. ..... Otherwise you run the risk of being accused of child abduction at pretty much any time their father wants to create problems for you.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

While you are working on your divorce and getting your finances in order you should work on being able to document that you have the approval of your children's father to remove them from the Philippines.

In the event that you cannot contact the father, or he won't provide such approval, you should obtain a court order. ..... Otherwise you run the risk of being accused of child abduction at pretty much any time their father wants to create problems for you.
I will do that Pulaski.. thank you again for the infoπŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»
Old Nov 21st 2016, 9:28 pm

I will do that Pulaski.. thank you again for the infoπŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»
You're welcome.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 10:41 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, get rid of your solicitor because he or she clearly doesn't know what they are doing.

Secondly, there's no financial requirement for children in the same manner there is to sponsor a partner to come to the UK so you don't need to worry about meeting an income threshold. You do however have meet certain other requirements which I'll cover later if necessary.

For your youngest, if she was born in the UK when you or your husband held British citizenship OR ILR, then she is already a British citizen and you need only to apply for her British passport. If that is not the case but you now hold ILR then your British-born child can be registered as a British citizen using Form MN1 under S.1(3) BNA 1981. The fee is Β£936. She can make the application from the Philippines. There is no requirement for her to live in the UK for three years. Once registered she will be eligible for a British passport on which she can travel to the UK to join you.

If your eldest was born in the Philippines then did he accompany you and your husband when you moved to the UK? If so, was he not included on your or your husband's application for ILR or British citizenship?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.