Can I work in the UK if my wife is a British Citizen?

Old Sep 13th 2016, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

NCleghorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I work in the UK if my wife is a British Citizen?

My wife is a British Citizen (the designation in her passport).

We currently live in Trinidad and Tobago (my home country) and my wife has never lived in the UK, having gotten her citizenship from her father who moved here.

Can we move to the UK?

If so, will one or both of us be eligible to work?

I've read a lot of forums, but no topic seems to reflect our particular situation.

Thanks a lot.
Old Sep 13th 2016, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

NCleghorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I work in the UK if my wife is a British Citizen?

My apologies,

I just read this post:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...mation-830478/

Which answers most of my questions.

Thank you
Old Sep 13th 2016, 5:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I work in the UK if my wife is a British Citizen?

If your wife is a British citizen she can move to the UK any time she wants, she doesn't need any sort of visa or permit, or even to give notice, all she needs is an airline ticket.

You need a visa, which is expensive, and your wife needs income in the UK (£18,600 pa, for at least six months), or substantial assets (£62,400), to prove that she has the resources to ensure that you won't become a burden on "the public purse".