Can I visit my wife....

Old Jun 28th 2019, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

niv619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I visit my wife....

Hi, I know I am jumping the gun here as still awaiting news on the spouse visa.

I need a holiday and my wife will have her temporary two and a half year visa with her Indian Passport (once approved of course).

What countries can we visit?

Me beginning a U.K citizen I am free to travel around Europe but what about her? I don't want to go through this Schengen Visa route again, basically is it the commonwealth countries we can visit without a visa being needed for her.

Thanks
Old Jun 28th 2019, 12:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niv619
Hi, I know I am jumping the gun here as still awaiting news on the spouse visa.

I need a holiday and my wife will have her temporary two and a half year visa with her Indian Passport (once approved of course).

What countries can we visit?

Me beginning a U.K citizen I am free to travel around Europe but what about her? I don't want to go through this Schengen Visa route again, basically is it the commonwealth countries we can visit without a visa being needed for her.

Thanks
Your wife having a visa for the UK won't make any difference to her needing a visa for elsewhere, AFAIK only citizenship is relevant.

Edit: just to say that you (as a UK citizen) can't visit most Commonwealth countries without a visa either. Being a citizen of a Commonwealth country doesn't mean you can travel within it visa free.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 28th 2019 at 12:48 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Visa application submitted and waiting game as you all know.

33 Working days now.

However upon looking at the application I had cash savings given as a gift while also working two jobs for six months (which I still currently do) to reach the financial requirements.

The gift I gave back before submitting the application as person who gave me it wanted it back. The fact I am anxious it that this gift was mentioned in a letter from solicitor along with my two jobs (employment means).

I am worried that the home office will just look at the gift which they would have seen has been transferred out of my bank account and not the two jobs I have done to reach the £18,600?!

Is this possible?
As they can refuse by stating something like: "you advised if was a gift and also mentioned this in a letter from your solicitor however the bank statements show the funds not in your account".

I have however as mentioned met the financial requirement via employment. Please advise as with the home office you never know.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 9:36 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Gifts cannot be used to meet the financial requirements. Which category did you apply under?
Old Jul 17th 2019, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Visa application submitted and waiting game as you all know.

33 Working days now.

However upon looking at the application I had cash savings given as a gift while also working two jobs for six months (which I still currently do) to reach the financial requirements.

The gift I gave back before submitting the application as person who gave me it wanted it back. The fact I am anxious it that this gift was mentioned in a letter from solicitor along with my two jobs (employment means).

I am worried that the home office will just look at the gift which they would have seen has been transferred out of my bank account and not the two jobs I have done to reach the £18,600?!

Is this possible?
As they can refuse by stating something like: "you advised if was a gift and also mentioned this in a letter from your solicitor however the bank statements show the funds not in your account".

I have however as mentioned met the financial requirement via employment. Please advise as with the home office you never know.
There's really nothing much you can do seeing as you have submitted already. However the home office should ideally consider your financial requirements through employment since you meet it via that route.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Gifts cannot be used to meet the financial requirements. Which category did you apply under?
Category A - is this ok?
Old Jul 17th 2019, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OSJG
There's really nothing much you can do seeing as you have submitted already. However the home office should ideally consider your financial requirements through employment since you meet it via that route.
So if they do refuse it under what I have mentioned under savings route, would you say I have the right to complain?

As I can not think of any other reason it would be refused, I work seven days a week at times due to the employment financial requirement.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 10:38 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Category A - is this ok?
If you applied under Category A, then the Category A requirements are all you have to meet - ie. you've been in employment with the same company/companies for at least 6 months, have provided all your pay slips and your bank statements correspond with the amount and date on your payslips, and all of this shows that you earn a minimum of £18,600 per year.
As has been advised in a previous thread of yours, your savings are irrelevant unless you've applied solely/jointly under Category D (which is the cash savings category)

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jul 17th 2019 at 10:40 am.
Old Jul 17th 2019, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If you applied under Category A, then the Category A requirements are all you have to meet - ie. you've been in employment with the same company/companies for at least 6 months, have provided all your pay slips and your bank statements correspond with the amount and date on your payslips, and all of this shows that you earn a minimum of £18,600 per year.
As has been advised in a previous thread of yours, your savings are irrelevant unless you've applied solely/jointly under Category D (which is the cash savings category)
Great news..

To confirm my lowest amounts received from employment:

1st job - 18,319
2nd - 94.12

These two amounts are the lowest received over six months. Does this meet the requirement?

In relation to the payslips, some are dated soon and received into my bank account a few days later. Is this ok?