Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Can i show my MPF(Provident Fund) to meet financial requirement of UK Spouse Visa ?

Can i show my MPF(Provident Fund) to meet financial requirement of UK Spouse Visa ?

Old Jun 12th 2018, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Benson55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can i show my MPF(Provident Fund) to meet financial requirement of UK Spouse Visa

what makes you think it won't be rejected again?
Old Jun 12th 2018, 3:28 am
Just Joined

sarahhk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can i show my MPF(Provident Fund) to meet financial requirement of UK Spouse Visa

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I can't see how this can work for you. The savings route requires you to have £62,500 which is and has been under your control for 6 months at the date of your application. Your MPF monies can't be under your control at that time.

Silly? Yes. Unfair? Yes. Inflexible? Yes.
The only way I can see is to wait and earn that amount of money and apply. I totally agree with you its Silly, Unfair and Inflexible

Last edited by sarahhk; Jun 12th 2018 at 3:36 am.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Can anyone let me know does the amount I earned before I made an application is counted or just the amount I have it before six months is counted. For example if I earn the money between 6 month before my application will that be counted ?
Old Jun 12th 2018, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Benson55
what makes you think it won't be rejected again?
I don't want to get rejected so I am looking for people advice. And UK spouse visa rules have been changed a lot after supreme court decision there was no exception circumstances and other rules before when I applied.

Last edited by sarahhk; Jun 12th 2018 at 3:48 am.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 3:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Uxbridge219

per my OSIC in HK, mpf still in the accounts is not classified as “cash”.
But you can include the mpf statement as a supporting document to demonstrate your financial strength.
Thanks for the info Uxbridge !!
Old Jun 12th 2018, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you should read the following document carefully to see how you could qualify using income and/or savings:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf

We cannot possibly assist you as we have no idea of your employment/work situation.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Maybe you should read the following document carefully to see how you could qualify using income and/or savings:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf

We cannot possibly assist you as we have no idea of your employment/work situation.
I am currently working full time in HK, i even have got an job offer in UK from the same company where i am currently working but unfortunately it doesnt count.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 4:29 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahhk
I am currently working full time in HK, i even have got an job offer in UK from the same company where i am currently working but unfortunately it doesnt count.
How much p.a. are you currently earning in Hk?. How much will you be earning in the UK? What amount of your savings have been under your control for the last 6 months?
Old Jun 12th 2018, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

YOU are the applicant - correct? If so, then, yes, your income does not count towards the financial requirements. It is your WIFE, the Brit citizen who has to provide income from employment to qualify.

Hence I presume your question about your MPF funds.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 2:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
How much p.a. are you currently earning in Hk?. How much will you be earning in the UK? What amount of your savings have been under your control for the last 6 months?
I am earning more then MIR pa, I will be earning it in the same range. I have savings in cash of around 55k but I will be able to earn the remaining in 6 months time before I make my application. I just wanna know will the remaining about which I earn in 6 months period will that be counted ?? or just the amount I had 6 months before .. So confused

Last edited by sarahhk; Jun 15th 2018 at 2:44 am. Reason: missing letters
Old Jun 15th 2018, 2:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
YOU are the applicant - correct? If so, then, yes, your income does not count towards the financial requirements. It is your WIFE, the Brit citizen who has to provide income from employment to qualify.

Hence I presume your question about your MPF funds.
Yes I am aware of that . I even have mentioned in my last comments
Old Jun 15th 2018, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am earning more then MIR pa, I will be earning it in the same range. I have savings in cash of around 55k but I will be able to earn the remaining in 6 months time before I make my application. I just wanna know will the remaining about which I earn in 6 months period will that be counted ?? or just the amount I had 6 months before .. So confused
nothing confused.
its all very clear for savings route.
when you lodge your application, at least 6 months in the bank GBP 62,500 for 1 applicant or whatever if more than 1.
If you use property proceeds as savings, no need to store in the bank for 6 months. Property proceeds can be used towards savings route right away.

Last edited by Uxbridge219; Jun 15th 2018 at 3:45 am.