Can I get a British passport

Old Jan 23rd 2019, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Jessroux is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I get a British passport

My grandfather was born in Scotland and my father has a British passport. He was born in South Africa when it was colonized. My grandfather also served the royal crown.

I am born in South Africa
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 1:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I get a British passport

What are the years of birth for you, your father and grandfather?
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What are the years of birth for you, your father and grandfather?
My father 1967
Me 1994
Not sure my grandfather
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 4:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your grandfather was in Crown service - what was it that he did and when?
Old Jan 24th 2019, 4:56 am
Just Joined

He served in around 1955 and he served for the British Army
Old Jan 24th 2019, 7:13 am

Sounds like his National Service. So he wasn’t in the British Army when your father was born?
Old Jan 24th 2019, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Old Jan 24th 2019, 8:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jessroux
Does this mean that's the year he served, rather than 1955? We don't charge by the word!

Jess, the more info you can give BiP the better, if you can find out the year your grandfather was born, and give exact details of his service, then our lovely BiP will be able to tell you if you have a chance of a passport.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Sorry I will get all the right information regards date's from my dad been guessing his age. Do apologize
Old Jan 24th 2019, 8:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I will get all the right information regards date's from my dad been guessing his age. Do apologize
No need to apologise at all, it's just that BiP needs all the info to be able to help, so the more you can find out the better. Fingers crossed you get the answer you're looking for.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

My grandfather was born in 1905
My dad was born in 1955
Old Jan 24th 2019, 3:28 pm

My grandfather was born in 1905
My dad was born in 1955
So your father was born in 1955, not 1967, in South Africa? And your grandfather was serving in the British Army at the time of your father’s birth? Was your grandfather married to your grandmother when your father was born?
Old Jan 24th 2019, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Yes he was born in 1955...my grandfather was married to my grandmother when my dad was born. Yes he served in the army
Old Jan 24th 2019, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

My grandfather served in the army beofe my dad was born
Old Jan 24th 2019, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Sorry I still got my dad date wrong he born in 1953

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.