Can American husband’s family move to U.K. too?

Old Jan 12th 2020, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

stocker1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can American husband’s family move to U.K. too?

I’m a British citizen and have been living in England with my American husband (on a standard spouse visa) for almost four years. We have two children who were both born in England and plan to stay here for the foreseeable future.

My husband’s mother has just suggested relocating to England too, along with my husband’s brother who is a special needs adult. They both currently live in America.

Is it even an option for them to move? I didn’t think they could but before I start really digging into things, it would be great to hear any advice. For example, I’m sure they wouldn’t be entitled to any benefits to cover my brother-in-law’s special health needs etc.

thanks I’m advance for your help.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can American husband’s family move to U.K. too?

No, they have no way to move to the UK based on your husband living in the UK.

They would need to obtain their own visas - work visa, investment visa, student visa etc.