Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Burned once - list of supporting documents for 2nd round of application

Burned once - list of supporting documents for 2nd round of application

Old Oct 23rd 2017, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

YXY1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Burned once - list of supporting documents for 2nd round of application

Hi all, this is the list of documents that I've prepared for my 2nd application. We are going under Category B. My husband will be my sponsor.

1. Appendix 2
2. My passport
3. A copy of my husband's passport
4. A copy of our children's passport
5. A copy of our children's birth certificates
5. A copy of my husband's air ticket booking
6. photographs (including wedding pictures and with the wider family) taken over the span of a few years - each with a short caption
7. Purchase agreement for our flat in Singapore
8. Utility Bill with husbands name going back 6 months
9. Utility Bill with my name going back 6 months
10. Our marriage certificate (we got married in the UK)
11. Employment Letter issued by my husband's current employer
12. My husband's payslips going back 6 months - stamped by employer
13. Employment Letter issued by my husband's new employer
14. My husband's employment contract in the UK
15. Copy of tenancy agreement for our place in the UK
16. Letter from landlord stating that I will be allowed to live in that property.

Anything that I've missed or should include? Fresh eyes welcome!! Thanks!
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Burned once - list of supporting documents for 2nd round of application

In your first postings you were applying under Cat A:

5.2. Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more –
overseas sponsor returning to the UK

Now you say Cat B:

Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or
variable income – overseas sponsor returning to the UK

Please clarify as the categories have different requirements.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Burned once - list of supporting documents for 2nd round of application

It’s category A
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Six months of original Bank statements ?
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
Six months of original Bank statements ?
Agreed...... very important.

The rest looks fine.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 10:35 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure the landlord specifies the number of rooms in the house and the number of people currently living there, as the HO will want evidence that the property won't be overcrowded. You may want to go the extra mile and provide a copy of a property survey if you can swing it.

As your previous refusal was based on not supplying the required bank statements and lack of accommodation evidence, make very sure that the evidence you supply for these this time is spot on!
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Agreed...... very important.

The rest looks fine.
Hmm the statements are electronic copies which we printed off but will be stamped by the Bank. We don’t have originals because we have gone paperless..
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by YXY1984
Hmm the statements are electronic copies which we printed off but will be stamped by the Bank. We don’t have originals because we have gone paperless..
As long as they are stamped by bank they will be fine.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

As long as they are stamped you'll be fine. You can tick that one off the list.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm coming back to this one as I don't see a receipt for the NHS payment.

I know the OP paid for one with her first failed application, and is probably waiting for a refund from that , but I think she should pay for the surcharge in this new application and continue chasing the refund.

Just a thought.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Oh I should include the receipt for the surcharge? In my rejection letter they didn’t mention anything about it and in my first application I didn’t send the receipt.

On the utility bills - is the last 2 month sufficient? Can’t find anywhere online that states how many months I should provide.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh I should include the receipt for the surcharge? In my rejection letter they didn’t mention anything about it and in my first application I didn’t send the receipt.

On the utility bills - is the last 2 month sufficient? Can’t find anywhere online that states how many months I should provide.
You did not send many things for your first application and you were refused.
Showing that you have paid the surcharge is one more necessity ticked off the list.

Well two months of jointly addressed utility bills shows living together for two months...... can't you supply a little more?