BRP question

Old Aug 30th 2018, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

boingboing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BRP question

Hi,

I am aware that for a spouse Settlement Visa you have to arrive within 30 days of the start date of the visa and that the BRP has to be collected within 10 days of arrival but does that 10 days count within the 30 day validity of the visa or could you arrive on say day 29 of the visa and then have a further 10 days to collect the BRP?
Old Aug 30th 2018, 12:54 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BRP question

You answered your own question - it’s within ten days of arrival.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

boingboing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You answered your own question - it’s within ten days of arrival.
Sorry, just for absolute clarification if the arrival date is the 29th day of the visa validity, then my wife has a further 10 days to collect the BRP, is that correct?

The reason to seek clarification is that on another forum it has been stated that travel and BRP collection must be within 30 days of the visa start date. I suspect that the latter BRP information is wrong.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 10:14 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boingboing
Sorry, just for absolute clarification if the arrival date is the 29th day of the visa validity, then my wife has a further 10 days to collect the BRP, is that correct?

The reason to seek clarification is that on another forum it has been stated that travel and BRP collection must be within 30 days of the visa start date. I suspect that the latter BRP information is wrong.
Yes.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

maamsir is an unknown quantity at this point

i just want to piggy back on here instead of starting a new thread, if that's ok,
My wife and I, we both work in abroard and we would only resign once She has approval, which obviously doesn't leave us much time to play with in working out a 1 month notice with the 30 days entry limit, is there a way around this, can we make a note of this in our supporting letters?
The other plan would be come to the UK, collect the B.R.P and then return to Dubai to resign, i'm thinking that collecting the BRP then leaving the country might possibly raise a few eyebrows and create suspicion.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by maamsir
i just want to piggy back on here instead of starting a new thread, if that's ok,
My wife and I, we both work in abroard and we would only resign once She has approval, which obviously doesn't leave us much time to play with in working out a 1 month notice with the 30 days entry limit, is there a way around this, can we make a note of this in our supporting letters?
No. You could pick a travel date sufficiently advanced in the future or use any remaining annual leave you have to be able finish work before your notice period is up.

The other plan would be come to the UK, collect the B.R.P and then return to Dubai to resign, i'm thinking that collecting the BRP then leaving the country might possibly raise a few eyebrows and create suspicion.
That would be the another option.