BRP not at post office?

Old May 14th 2024, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

SkiBoySpouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BRP not at post office?

Has anyone had difficulties collecting their BRP? My ILE/ILR visa is valid 21/03/2024-19/06/2024. I arrived on 02 May 2024 and went through where I spoke to an agent (although he didn't actually stamp my passport back in). I went to the post office the Home Office advised me would be where it would be collected (although it was a new address.... they had moved locations up the street recently) and they didn't have it and suggested I come back a week later. I've gone back and still not there. The post office suggested waiting another two weeks to see if it has come in.

I went to the gov.uk site to report it not being at the expected post office. Has anyone else had this problem? I want to be sure to get it before my ILE stamp expires, as there's no entrance stamp from immigration official, and without the BRP I suspect I may have difficulties if I leave the country and come back. It would likely only be for a day trip to France to go to the hypermarché but at this point I'm not going anywhere until I have my BRP.

Thanks for looking
Old May 14th 2024, 11:24 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BRP not at post office?

If you’ve reported it then there is nothing further for you to do for the time being.

You’re able to leave and reenter the UK until 19 June using your current vignette.

If you didn’t receive a stamp on arrival then keep a copy of your travel reservation safe as evidence of when you arrived should you wish to apply for naturalisation as a British citizen.
Old May 14th 2024, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you’ve reported it then there is nothing further for you to do for the time being.

You’re able to leave and reenter the UK until 19 June using your current vignette.

If you didn’t receive a stamp on arrival then keep a copy of your travel reservation safe as evidence of when you arrived should you wish to apply for naturalisation as a British citizen.
Thank you, BIP. I've saved my boarding card from the flight and I do intend to naturalise when it's allowed (three years from entry?)
Old May 15th 2024, 1:56 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SkiBoySpouse
Thank you, BIP. I've saved my boarding card from the flight and I do intend to naturalise when it's allowed (three years from entry?)
Yes, if you’re married to a British citizen.
Old May 15th 2024, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

I received my reply this morning. Apparently there has been a delay in creating BRPs right now. So anyone else in a similar issue might find their ability to travel a little 'iffy'

Good Morning,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the collection of the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

The production of the BRP has been delayed due to a technical issue. This enquiry has been passed to the appropriate team who are aware of this issue and who will contact you in due course.

If your 30-90 days multi entry visa has expired, we advise you not to make travel arrangements until you have received your BRP. Please note your right to remain in the UK is not affected.
Old May 16th 2024, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

UPDATE: Good Morning,

Further to our previous emails, the technical team have now resolved the issue preventing the production of your BRP. Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) has been produced recently and will be available for collection from 01/06/2024.

The BRP must be collected from the collection point on your decision letter.

When you visit the collection point to obtain your BRP you must bring your passport / travel document containing your Visa. Please also bring this letter as it will help locate your BRP quickly.

For any further enquiries on this matter, please contact the BRP Collection Team
Old May 31st 2024, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

I received my BRP this morning. The Post Office where it was sent rang me and we went to collect it. Easy process. I'm curious, though, that my 'type of permit' is SETTLEMENT. Is this what the use as the wording for ILR after spouse visa? *** edited to say **** according to GOV.UK Settlement is what it would say for ILR/ILE after both rounds of Spouse visa. For anyone wanting to know....

Last edited by SkiBoySpouse; May 31st 2024 at 12:44 am.