Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

British Type 2 Diabetic (very sick) married 2 yrs non EU- want to return to UK

British Type 2 Diabetic (very sick) married 2 yrs non EU- want to return to UK

Old Apr 28th 2015, 4:46 am
Just Joined

chocLog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Type 2 Diabetic (very sick) married 2 yrs non EU- want to return to UK

I am a 51 year old British expat living and (trying) working in Philippines. I am 2 years married to my Filipino wife. We have 6 mth old baby daughter and 6 yr old step-son.

I am a Type 2 diabetic and my blood sugar numbers have been steadily increase (as well as weight) over the last 2 years. My Dr told me i need to go on insulin (yesterday) as my kidneys/liver are not in good shape.

With my deteriorating health, are there any rules that I can bring my non EU wife/family back to UK as I want/need their help and support?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Type 2 Diabetic (very sick) married 2 yrs non EU- want to return to UK

Still the same as when you asked this question a couple of weeks ago. You will need to sponsor your wife and stepson.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...urn-uk-856595/

I read that the person who advices the NHS on diet for obesity/Type 2s, changed her mind about the diet and wrote a report that said low carb was the way to go to control weight and therefore Type 2. Perhaps ask on the British Diabetics Society forums?

Last edited by formula; Apr 28th 2015 at 4:04 pm.