British nationality by descent

Old Mar 5th 2014, 6:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British nationality by descent

They'll need all the documents to be original. Wait until you receive them by post.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Vivek sood is an unknown quantity at this point

I have submitted all the required documents in new Delhi office. They have given me acknowledgement receipt depicting DHL tracking number.My question is how the process will go on further and what are the further chances of getting the British passport???
Old Feb 26th 2015, 8:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vivek sood
I have submitted all the required documents in new Delhi office. They have given me acknowledgement receipt depicting DHL tracking number.My question is how the process will go on further and what are the further chances of getting the British passport???
You'll have to wait and see. Be prepared to be patient. The process normally takes at least several months.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

My application reached Liverpool office and today I received an e-mail stating that processing fees for British passport application could not be deducted because debit card declined payment. What could be the reason?I know I have sufficient amount in my card.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 8:10 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

My application reached Liverpool office and today I received an e-mail stating that processing fees for British passport application could not be deducted because debit card declined payment. What could be the reason?I know I have sufficient amount in my card.
That really is something you will have to ask your bank.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 9:51 pm

Probably because your card issuer wasn't expecting a payment from the UK. HMPO payments often are treated like online payments as well. You'll need to call your bank and let them know that you'll be expecting a payment to be made from the UK/online for the appropriate fee and ask HMPO to try again.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

I managed to pay the fees through Internet banking. The process was very simple which I did not know. 😃😃😃
Old Apr 19th 2015, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Can you tell me something about security checks done by passport office???
Old Apr 19th 2015, 2:25 pm

Can you tell me something about security checks done by passport office???
For an application from India? Generally ensuring that the documents presented (birth certificates, etc..) are genuine and 'as issued'. This would involve going back to the original registrar in India and ensuring that the register matches the birth certificate. Giving the speed and efficiency of India's bureaucracy this can take some time.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Still waiting.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

5 months +,no progress.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Just one point, you say you have always lived in India. If you are successful in getting a British passport you will have to renounce Indian citizenship. India does not allow dual nationality. You would need to apply also for a temporary visa to be able to be in India legally.

(A further thought the fact that your father was born in Lahore (now Pakistan) might possibly be a problem when applying for visas to enter India in the future as a British national).

Last edited by Bipat; Aug 17th 2015 at 7:41 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Just one point, you say you have always lived in India. If you are successful in getting a British passport you will have to renounce Indian citizenship. India does not allow dual nationality. You would need to apply also for a temporary visa to be able to be in India legally.
Can you overcome this by applying for a Certificate of Entitlement at the local British High Commission using your Indian passport after receiving British Citizenship?

https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/ap...of-entitlement
Old Aug 17th 2015, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HKG3
Can you overcome this by applying for a Certificate of Entitlement at the local British High Commission using your Indian passport after receiving British Citizenship?

https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/ap...of-entitlement
The OP does not mention ever leaving India so I assumed that he does not have an Indian passport. If he has one it has to be surrendered immediately if he gets a British passport.
Old Aug 18th 2015, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot for your advice and the concern shown. Well,my first priority is to get British passport first. After that I will plan accordingly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.