Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

British nationality from British father to an illegitimate child. (form UKF)

British nationality from British father to an illegitimate child. (form UKF)

Old Oct 15th 2017, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Abdulah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British nationality from British father to an illegitimate child. (form UKF)

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Form UKF is for people who were born to a British father who was never married to their mother.
My father was married to my mother but still cant find any other form that helps me.Does the form have conditions to be resident in uk ?
Old Oct 15th 2017, 11:57 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British nationality from British father to an illegitimate child. (form UKF)

Originally Posted by Abdulah
My father was married to my mother but still cant find any other form that helps me.Does the form have conditions to be resident in uk ?
If your parents were married then Form UKF isn't for you. Start your own thread and give us some background details and we will be better able to advise you.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

Abdulah is an unknown quantity at this point

If your parents were married then Form UKF isn't for you. Start your own thread and give us some background details and we will be better able to advise you.
I will . Many thanks.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

JaridineHK is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, since registration using Form UKF is free, you might as well try and see what HMPO says.

According to the guide UKF :
"He is named as your father on a birth certificate issued within one year of your birth”

In my case , do you think 90% will reject and cannot be approved ?
May I ask any chance to get it approve ?

Appreciate for your help.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 1:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaridineHK
According to the guide UKF :
"He is named as your father on a birth certificate issued within one year of your birth”

In my case , do you think 90% will reject and cannot be approved ?
May I ask any chance to get it approve ?

Appreciate for your help.
Frankly I don't know; you can only try. I would try and provide as much as an explanation as possible and state that your parents are deceased and so you cannot quiz them as to the reasons why your birth was registered so late. Any additional evidence you can provide showing your relationship to your parents would also help.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

JaridineHK is an unknown quantity at this point

Frankly I don't know; you can only try. I would try and provide as much as an explanation as possible and state that your parents are deceased and so you cannot quiz them as to the reasons why your birth was registered so late. Any additional evidence you can provide showing your relationship to your parents would also help.
very detail, appreciate your help. Thanks a lot
Old Oct 15th 2017, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

It would be slightly perverse of the Home Office to accept the OP's birth certificate for an ancestry visa but not a citizenship application. Not to say they wouldn't, mind you
I know this may be a bit 'pie in the sky' thinking, but would it be better for the OP to go down the UK Ancestry visa route if he/she qualifies for it. The main problem I think the OP may face is the "[h]e is named as your father on a birth certificate issued within one year of your birth” statement on the UKF guidelines given the OP's birth is register two years after the birth.

The UK Ancestry visa would enable the OP to apply for British Citizenship otherwise than by descent at the end and also his/her family members can be included as dependents in his/her application.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by HKG3
I know this may be a bit 'pie in the sky' thinking, but would it be better for the OP to go down the UK Ancestry visa route if he/she qualifies for it. The main problem I think the OP may face is the "[h]e is named as your father on a birth certificate issued within one year of your birth” statement on the UKF guidelines given the OP's birth is register two years after the birth.

The UK Ancestry visa would enable the OP to apply for British Citizenship otherwise than by descent at the end and also his/her family members can be included as dependents in his/her application.
Given the OP's age I don't think the 'otherwise than by descent' benefit will carry much weight and the OP hasn't mentioned any spouse or other family members. If an UK Ancestry visa is the only way to go then fair enough, but if the OP can become a British citizen for £80 then that would be preferable, unless she(?) has a spouse and/or dependent children under 18.
Old Dec 29th 2017, 10:13 am
Just Joined

talhaaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Did your parents ever marry?
Hi
I am new here, don't know how to post a question, that's why replying you here to ask question.

My father was moved from India to Kenya n 1938, after few yeRs my father got British passport, and my mother had British Indian passport, in 1948 they traveled to Pakistan, where I born and then traveled back to Kenya after few months, I had traveled on my mother's passport, in 1958 my father registered me in Pakistan embassy Nairobi and got Pakistani passport, 1958 we moved to Pakistan permanently, unfortunately I have lost my father's British passport but I have it's number, I also have my mother's British Indian passport where I traveled when I was born.
I want to know that, can I still apply for British citizenship or not? My 3 sisters and a brother who was born in Kenya already got British passport and living in U.K.

Kindly reply me, I saw your messages on this web site and i found all was very helpful, so I thought I should contact you.

Kind regards
M. Anwar
Old Dec 29th 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by talhaaa
Hi
I am new here, don't know how to post a question, that's why replying you here to ask question.

My father was moved from India to Kenya n 1938, after few yeRs my father got British passport, and my mother had British Indian passport, in 1948 they traveled to Pakistan, where I born and then traveled back to Kenya after few months, I had traveled on my mother's passport, in 1958 my father registered me in Pakistan embassy Nairobi and got Pakistani passport, 1958 we moved to Pakistan permanently, unfortunately I have lost my father's British passport but I have it's number, I also have my mother's British Indian passport where I traveled when I was born.
I want to know that, can I still apply for British citizenship or not? My 3 sisters and a brother who was born in Kenya already got British passport and living in U.K.

Kindly reply me, I saw your messages on this web site and i found all was very helpful, so I thought I should contact you.

Kind regards
M. Anwar
Difficult to say without knowing how your father or siblings became British. It may be because of their births in Kenya or by descent from your father. It's unfortunate that you lost your father's passport as this may have given more information. At the time you describe both India and Kenya were part of the British Empire and thus everyone who was born in both countries was a British subject and entitled to a British passport. The important point to check is whether you had a claim to British citizenship after India and Kenya gained their independence. I would speak to your siblings and ask them how they were able to obtain British passports.
Old Dec 31st 2017, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

talhaaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks for your reply, yes you are right my siblings were born in Kenya that's why they've got British nationality, but my father was working for British east African railway and he lived total of 24 years in Kenya, he and my mother applied for British nationality and they both were granted, then later my father applied British passport not British East African passport but British passport, I still remember that. I want to know that how i can find his nationality or passport record? British high Commission Pakistan told me that , it maybe in British embassy Kenya.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by talhaaa
Hi
Thanks for your reply, yes you are right my siblings were born in Kenya that's why they've got British nationality, but my father was working for British east African railway and he lived total of 24 years in Kenya, he and my mother applied for British nationality and they both were granted, then later my father applied British passport not British East African passport but British passport, I still remember that. I want to know that how i can find his nationality or passport record? British high Commission Pakistan told me that , it maybe in British embassy Kenya.
If your siblings were all able to obtain British passports then I would simply ask them how they did it. Chances are you would be eligible to do the same.