British lad looking for some help!!!

Old Apr 10th 2015, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Drewbott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British lad looking for some help!!!

Hi there, I'm a British national and my girlfriend is Canadian from BC, we met in Australia 4 years ago now. She is trying to get a uk working visa but the trouble is she was deported from Australia for working illegally on a tourist visa nearly a year ago. We're obviously worried that this will effect her chances, does anybody know if there's anything we can do to help our case??? Thanks
Old Apr 10th 2015, 4:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British lad looking for some help!!!

Originally Posted by Drewbott
Hi there, I'm a British national and my girlfriend is Canadian from BC, we met in Australia 4 years ago now. She is trying to get a uk working visa but the trouble is she was deported from Australia for working illegally on a tourist visa nearly a year ago. We're obviously worried that this will effect her chances, does anybody know if there's anything we can do to help our case??? Thanks
Hi, and welcome to BE.

As your question is about a visa for the UK (and this is the Canada sub-forum, for people moving there), I'll move your thread to the right section of the forum now and hopefully the kind peeps there will be able to help you.

Good luck.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 4:57 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Drewbott
I would say yes, because in the application form one of the questions 'have you been deported from any country' - if so, explain

see below, page 3, section 6, specific question 6.7

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...9-guidance.pdf

Might be a tough one for her to get a visa, but you know what - if she doesn't apply, then she wont know the outcome.

Last edited by not2old; Apr 10th 2015 at 5:00 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2015, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

As your question is about a visa for the UK (and this is the Canada sub-forum, for people moving there), I'll move your thread to the right section of the forum now and hopefully the kind peeps there will be able to help you.

Good luck.
Hi,
I did think that after reading some of the other questions. Thank you!
Old Apr 10th 2015, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by not2old
I would say yes, because in the application form one of the questions 'have you been deported from any country' - if so, explain

see below, page 3, section 6, specific question 6.7

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...9-guidance.pdf

Might be a tough one for her to get a visa, but you know what - if she doesn't apply, then she wont know the outcome.
Hi and thanks
We're just worried that if she gets declined then she won't get another looking. We want to explain the situation as best as we can, and her reason for coming to the uk.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 12:20 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Just be open and honest on any visa application you make. If there are mitigating circumstances then make sure they are stated in your application.

Which UK visa is your girlfriend planning on applying for?