Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

British Expat / Japanese Wife - Moving back to England - Questions on Spouse Visa

British Expat / Japanese Wife - Moving back to England - Questions on Spouse Visa

Old Nov 14th 2016, 9:43 am
Just Joined

DandyJapan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Expat / Japanese Wife - Moving back to England - Questions on Spouse Visa

Hello everyone,

The original plan was to go to Australia, but I have been fortunate and found a very well paying position in the UK that I will be receiving the contract for shortly.

We now have to frantically prepare the visa process of which most is completed already. I have some questions though.

Financial
I've been employed in Japan and earning £35,000 equivalent for the last year and a bit.

My new employment terms should be £37,000 and I can get the contract emailed with all the relevant information.

If I provide last 6-12 months of payslips, plus the contract/information - Is this sufficient for the financial requirement?

Accommodation
It states we need XYZ details to prove accommodation, is the expectation to already have a house ready and waiting, or are they okay with temporary housing (my family for example)?

Premium/Fast track services
Also, the UKVI found here for submitting documents has a 'priority system' is this the same as the premium service with the UK government?

Proof of Marriage
We have photographs with her family for an outing. Marriage in Japan is pretty simple and we are saving for a ceremony.

Is our 'wedding' reception with her family photos + Marriage certificate sufficient? Would it be wise to include anything else. We live together, so I'm thinking about getting the lease translated with both of our names.

Translating Documents
In addition to this, does anyone know a certifiable Japanese translator recognized by the UK government? My wife is looking into this, but someone reputable would be wonderful.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 4:45 pm
Work the problem

Marty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond reputeMarty90 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Expat / Japanese Wife - Moving back to England - Questions on Spouse Visa

Financial - Based on other posts on this forum, I assume that your payslips from your Japan job plus the employment contract for your UK job will do. You'll need to include bank statements showing the payments being made into your account covering the same period as your pay slips.

Accommodation - Temporary accommodation is fine providing that it is adequate (i.e. enough rooms available.) If you are sharing the property with people outside of your close family (i.e. spouse and children) then a property inspection report is highly recommended. You will need a permission letter from the owner saying that you and your partner can stay there plus the recommended documents from Appendix FM-SE - https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf

Premium/fast track services - It's just a quicker way of getting your visa processed. It is not available in all countries.

Proof of marriage - You need a marriage certificate and a few wedding photos should be fine. You need to prove your relationship on the whole - so photos together, joint bank account statements, tickets from trips taken together and evidence of joint accommodation will help with this.

Translating documents - The British Embassy in Tokyo can help with this. Here is a link to a list of English-speaking local service providers that are listed on the GOV.UK. website - https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ist-of-lawyers

You need to get ALL documents translated that are not written in English.

Hope this helps.