Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

British citizenship through ancestory and criminal record

British citizenship through ancestory and criminal record

Old Sep 6th 2011, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

paulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: British citizenship through ancestory and criminal record

thank you for the reply Mallory , lets see if she can get that sorted out and perhaps give the nearest embassy a wee call hehe
Old Sep 6th 2011, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the reply i got from the Irish Embassy in Ottawa

Dear Ms. Britishvixen:

Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are on the island of Ireland, which means that anyone born in the North of Ireland or the Republic of Ireland is an Irish citizen.

Regards,

Irish Embassy

They also sent me 4 attached documents in the email combining a guide and application form along with documents you need. it was all very helpful as you lovely people have been. Paul I have attached them for your info seeing as you were interested too.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
FBR INSTRUCTIONS 2011.doc (66.5 KB, 723 views)
File Type: pdf
FB1A[1].pdf (1.01 MB, 623 views)
File Type: xls
Documents required for FBR.xls (45.0 KB, 195 views)
Old Sep 6th 2011, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

and last one as could only upload three at a time.
Attached Files
File Type: xls
Canadian documents (1).xls (40.0 KB, 123 views)
Old Sep 6th 2011, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

paulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of lightpaulpur is a glorious beacon of light

thank you so very much for those , i will have a wee read through them and see whats what
Old Sep 6th 2011, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
This is the reply i got from the Irish Embassy in Ottawa

Dear Ms. Britishvixen:

Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland are on the island of Ireland, which means that anyone born in the North of Ireland or the Republic of Ireland is an Irish citizen.

Regards,

Irish Embassy

They also sent me 4 attached documents in the email combining a guide and application form along with documents you need. it was all very helpful as you lovely people have been. Paul I have attached them for your info seeing as you were interested too.
It will take about a year to process his application for Foreign Birth Regisration. After he receives his Irish Citizenship certificate. When he applies for the passport. That takes about 10 weeks to process.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Canuck74
It will take about a year to process his application for Foreign Birth Regisration. After he receives his Irish Citizenship certificate. When he applies for the passport. That takes about 10 weeks to process.
Yeah i know its not a quick process, but if you know the Irish lol that makes total sense, they definately dance to beat of there own drum thats for sure thats what makes em amazing people LOL

Were not planning to go till next Novembe anywho so can get a good head start.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah i know its not a quick process, but if you know the Irish lol that makes total sense, they definately dance to beat of there own drum thats for sure thats what makes em amazing people LOL

Were not planning to go till next Novembe anywho so can get a good head start.
Just make sure you have the proper format for the birth, death, marriage and other certificates that you might need. The format they want is photostatic. I had the wrong format of certs and the application was sent back to me. The process took a little over 10 months for me. For some reason if your boyfriend needs further info for his application go to www.familyulster.com. They were a great help.

Last edited by Canuck74; Sep 7th 2011 at 4:02 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Canuck74
Just make sure you have the proper format for the birth, death, marriage and other certificates that you might need. The format they want is photostatic. I had the wrong format of certs and the application was sent back to me. The process took a little over 10 months for me. For some reason if your boyfriend needs further info for his application go to www.familyulster.com. They were a great help.
Thanks Canuck thats great. thanks for the tip and the link.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Guinness is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mallory, just one questions if you know the answer.

His grandfather was born in Belfast, on that and other websites they use the term 'Island or Ireland' am i right to assume that encompasses Northern Ireland as well?
If you are born in N.Ireland you can get both Irish and British Citizenship
Old Sep 15th 2011, 3:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guinness
If you are born in N.Ireland you can get both Irish and British Citizenship
Untrue. There are some situations where someone born in Northern Ireland may be a British citizen but not an Irish citizen (if born in 2005 or later) or vice versa (if born in 1983 or later). Read the relevant Nationality Acts, it's all explained.