British citizenship for my child

Old Mar 12th 2019, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

blackscholes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British citizenship for my child

Hello everyone,

I have a UK citizen residing overseas. I would like to know if there is any way I can apply for British citizenship for my kid who was born overseas (other than the settlement visa route)

I got citizenship through my father who was born in the UK; I was born overseas. Please advise if my kid would be eligible for citizenship through me? Would very much appreciate your guidance thanks.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 8:19 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British citizenship for my child

What are the years of birth of your father, you and your child? Which countries were you and your child born in? Did you spent any periods of time living in the UK before your child was born?
Old Mar 13th 2019, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What are the years of birth of your father, you and your child? Which countries were you and your child born in? Did you spent any periods of time living in the UK before your child was born?
Thank you for your response BritInParis.

My father was born in 1960. My kid and I were both born in Pakistan in the years 2014 and 1985 respectively.

The maximum time I spent in the UK was when I did my bachelors which was a 3 year program. I graduated in 2011. Looking forward to your guidance. Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2019, 10:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaReed

My father was born in 1960. My kid and I were both born in Pakistan in the years 2014 and 1985 respectively.

The maximum time I spent in the UK was when I did my bachelors which was a 3 year program. I graduated in 2011. Looking forward to your guidance. Thanks
Hi, I'm not sure why you've opened another account, but please post only using your original username and I will ask Admin to merge the two accounts for you.

Thx.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 10:48 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you spent three consecutive years in the UK then your child is eligible for registration as a British citizen. It would need to be three full years so spending September 2008 to June 2011 in the UK would not count.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

If you spent three consecutive years in the UK then your child is eligible for registration as a British citizen. It would need to be three full years so spending September 2008 to June 2011 in the UK would not count.
If the period is from Sept 2008 to July 2011, can't the shortfall of two months be counted as the allowed absences during one year which is 90 days right?

Don't the ECO's have any discretion for this? It sucks being this close to being eligible and not being able to apply
Old Mar 13th 2019, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, I'm not sure why you've opened another account, but please post only using your original username and I will ask Admin to merge the two accounts for you.

Thx.
my spouse and I are both using the forum and that's the reason for the two accounts. Cheers
Old Mar 13th 2019, 8:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

my spouse and I are both using the forum and that's the reason for the two accounts. Cheers
Ah! OK. I will allow for that in this instance. It is more usual to seek permission from an admin first to save on confusion like this.

BE Rule16 : If you have a legitimate reason to create a second username, maybe another household member joining, then you should contact the administrators.

For reference the husband's account is blackscholes.

Old Mar 14th 2019, 12:02 am

If the period is from Sept 2008 to July 2011, can't the shortfall of two months be counted as the allowed absences during one year which is 90 days right?

Don't the ECO's have any discretion for this? It sucks being this close to being eligible and not being able to apply
It would be an absence if you left and returned to the UK. If you just left then you don’t have three consecutive years. The three year requirement is in the legislation so there’s no discretion. Are you attempting to emigrate with your family to the UK?
Old Mar 14th 2019, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

It would be an absence if you left and returned to the UK. If you just left then you don’t have three consecutive years. The three year requirement is in the legislation so there’s no discretion. Are you attempting to emigrate with your family to the UK?
Yes we will be migrating to UK with settlement visa. But it's such a long wait, waiting 5 years for ILR and another 1 year after to apply for citizenship, more than 6 years.

Under the registration route, I am just falling short of 2 months which is so frustrating 😕.
Old Mar 18th 2019, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Hi BritInParis,

Can you please guide whether my kids will be eligible for citizenship after 3 or 5 years via the settlement visa?
Old Mar 18th 2019, 1:33 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BritInParis,

Can you please guide whether my kids will be eligible for citizenship after 3 or 5 years via the settlement visa?
This is getting really confusing. You've said that blackscholes is your husband, but you both say that you're British citizens living overseas and blackscholes has said he's applying for a spouse visa for his partner. So which one of you is the British citizen?

Re your question in the above post, I don't know the answer but blackscholes has posted the same question here https://britishexpats.com/forum/movi...enship-923324/
Old Mar 18th 2019, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
This is getting really confusing. You've said that blackscholes is your husband, but you both say that you're British citizens living overseas and blackscholes has said he's applying for a spouse visa for his partner. So which one of you is the British citizen?

Re your question in the above post, I don't know the answer but blackscholes has posted the same question here https://britishexpats.com/forum/movi...enship-923324/
Someone has not remembered to log off and in again.