British citizenship by double descent - Do I qualify?

Old Aug 9th 2021, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

KGailis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British citizenship by double descent - Do I qualify?

Originally Posted by PPK
Hi, I think the long wait is standard at the moment. My daughter had her biometrics on 21 September 2020 and we eventually received
the news of success on the 30 March 2021.We are long overdue to receive the certificate of registration as a British citizen, but still no joy.

From earlier posts in this thread (2019 ) I got an email address that was responsive. [email protected]
Thanks for your reply. Wow, that’s a really long time. Did you get confirmation of success via email?

Did you have to wait for letter confirmation before organizing the ceremony?
Old Aug 9th 2021, 3:32 pm
PPK
Just Joined

PPK is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes the reply was by email. My daughter is under 18 so no ceremony required, but what we are waiting for is the certificate. I have emailed and called but without any joy.
good luck
Old Aug 9th 2021, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PPK
Yes the reply was by email. My daughter is under 18 so no ceremony required, but what we are waiting for is the certificate. I have emailed and called but without any joy.
good luck
Oh okay, thanks so much for your help. Good luck I hope it comes soon 🙂
Old Sep 17th 2021, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PPK
good luck

Hi, have you received her certificate yet?

I’ve still not heard anything about my application even after numerous emails and even a phone call my daughter made from the UK. They just said they did not have access to log in to check the application. It has been over 10 months since I did the application. 😱
Old Sep 17th 2021, 5:39 pm
PPK
Just Joined

Angry Re: British citizenship by double descent - Do I qualify?

Originally Posted by KGailis
Hi, have you received her certificate yet?

I’ve still not heard anything about my application even after numerous emails and even a phone call my daughter made from the UK. They just said they did not have access to log in to check the application. It has been over 10 months since I did the application. 😱
Still haven't received the certificate.
Old Sep 17th 2021, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PPK
Still haven't received the certificate.
Wow, fingers crossed you get it soon 😊
Old Sep 20th 2021, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Today I received my letter of acceptance. It’s been 10 months since I first did my application. Now I wait for my ceremony letter.

Thank you everyone for your advice and especially BritInParis.

Now to get my husband sorted. Any advice on quickest and cheapest way to get him to the UK?

Old Sep 20th 2021, 9:40 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Today I received my letter of acceptance. It’s been 10 months since I first did my application. Now I wait for my ceremony letter.

Now to get my husband sorted. Any advice on quickest and cheapest way to get him to the UK?
That’s excellent news!

I would assume that a UK Ancestry visa would be the best way to go for your husband unless if can apply for a Returning Resident Visa. How long ago did he hold ILR and when did he leave the UK?
Old Sep 20th 2021, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
That’s excellent news!

I would assume that a UK Ancestry visa would be the best way to go for your husband unless if can apply for a Returning Resident Visa. How long ago did he hold ILR and when did he leave the UK?
Thank you so much we are elated.

We left the UK in 2009 and have not been back since. Does he need to have the full 5 yrs of NHS savings for the ancestry visa?

I heard the returning resident visa is risky
Old Sep 20th 2021, 10:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much we are elated.

We left the UK in 2009 and have not been back since. Does he need to have the full 5 yrs of NHS savings for the ancestry visa?

I heard the returning resident visa is risky
Yes, he’ll need to pay five years of IHS for a UK Ancestry visa (£3,120). RRVs are easier to obtain than in the past. If your husband left the UK in 2009 when did he arrive in the UK and for how long did he hold ILR?
Old Sep 20th 2021, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Yes, he’ll need to pay five years of IHS for a UK Ancestry visa (£3,120). RRVs are easier to obtain than in the past. If your husband left the UK in 2009 when did he arrive in the UK and for how long did he hold ILR?
He first arrived in the UK in April 1996 with his ancestry visa and then 5 years later got his ILR so had it for 8 years.
Old Sep 21st 2021, 4:08 pm
PPK
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: British citizenship by double descent - Do I qualify?

Great news and well done
Old Sep 21st 2021, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PPK
Great news and well done
Thank you so much 😀
Old Sep 22nd 2021, 11:14 pm

He first arrived in the UK in April 1996 with his ancestry visa and then 5 years later got his ILR so had it for 8 years.
So as long out of the UK as he spent there. You could try for a RRV - no IHS and eligible for citizenship in three years - but a UK Ancestry visa would be the safer option.
Old Sep 23rd 2021, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

So as long out of the UK as he spent there. You could try for a RRV - no IHS and eligible for citizenship in three years - but a UK Ancestry visa would be the safer option.
Thank you. I think we will do the ancestry route rather. It’s more money but at least less risk of rejection.
Thanks again for always being so helpful. You’ve helped thousands and saved people so much money by allowing them to do it themselves. Will keep you posted 😊

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.