spouse visa savings enquiry

Old Feb 1st 2017, 11:24 am
Just Joined

sadike95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile spouse visa savings enquiry

Hi hope everyone is well!
i am new to this forum but i am a regular reader!
i will be applying for spouse visa soon. i am currently earning £14,500 per annum and will be applying using my savings also. at the moment i have 22k in my debit account which i got from gifts and selling my car, and also from student grants/ bursaries which i saved, and the rest from working at my current job. if i use savings and my current employment, is this still a 6 month route or is it 12 months? also for the source of income, how much evidence will i need to provide?
most of the money has been in the account starting from 2014. and once 2016 i sold my car which i deposited £5000 into my account.how would i show proof of this money coming in from that far back? i can show recent statements showing money from employment, but how would i prove the source from 2014?
any help is highly appreciated
thank you
Old Feb 1st 2017, 11:42 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spouse visa savings enquiry

Originally Posted by sadike95
Hi hope everyone is well!
i am new to this forum but i am a regular reader!
i will be applying for spouse visa soon. i am currently earning £14,500 per annum and will be applying using my savings also. at the moment i have 22k in my debit account which i got from gifts and selling my car, and also from student grants/ bursaries which i saved, and the rest from working at my current job. if i use savings and my current employment, is this still a 6 month route or is it 12 months? also for the source of income, how much evidence will i need to provide?
most of the money has been in the account starting from 2014. and once 2016 i sold my car which i deposited £5000 into my account.how would i show proof of this money coming in from that far back? i can show recent statements showing money from employment, but how would i prove the source from 2014?
any help is highly appreciated thank you
Welcome to BE. You'll need to save a bit more to sponsor your spouse (or get a raise).

The formula is S = 2.5x(18600-I)-16000 which works out to savings of £26250 if you earn £14500. You'll also have to have the full amount for 6 months proven by showing six months of statements preceding the application date.

Sorry, but them's the rules.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Welcome to BE. You'll need to save a bit more to sponsor your spouse (or get a raise).

The formula is S = 2.5x(18600-I)-16000 which works out to savings of £26250 if you earn £14500. You'll also have to have the full amount for 6 months proven by showing six months of statements preceding the application date.

Sorry, but them's the rules.
thank you for the warm welcome and prompt reply.
when i get married i will receive a cash gift from my family, and also will earn more from my employment by the time i apply to get it to £27k. what source of savings should i provide? wont a detailed signed statement from myself be sufficient, or will i need to show how i saved every penny?

regards
Old Feb 1st 2017, 1:33 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for the warm welcome and prompt reply.
when i get married i will receive a cash gift from my family, and also will earn more from my employment by the time i apply to get it to £27k. what source of savings should i provide? wont a detailed signed statement from myself be sufficient, or will i need to show how i saved every penny?

regards
Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding here, you are a UK citizen presently working in the UK and are planning on sponsoring your non-EU spouse to join you?
Old Feb 1st 2017, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding here, you are a UK citizen presently working in the UK and are planning on sponsoring your non-EU spouse to join you?
yes that is correct.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 2:07 pm
Born again atheist

yes that is correct.
OK. Just checking to be sure. I wouldn't worry about detailed documentation of the source of your savings, just declare that the amount has been accumulated out of income and the sale of your car. But you still need to prove you've had the full amount for 6 months.

ETA: for the cash wedding gift from family, ask them to sign a letter stating it was a true gift not a loan.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Feb 1st 2017 at 2:10 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

OK. Just checking to be sure. I wouldn't worry about detailed documentation of the source of your savings, just declare that the amount has been accumulated out of income and the sale of your car. But you still need to prove you've had the full amount for 6 months.
would they start questioning how i saved that income as my age is 21 at the moment?
Old Feb 1st 2017, 2:15 pm
Born again atheist

would they start questioning how i saved that income as my age is 21 at the moment?
I doubt it, but I' don't have a crystal ball. If the amount was 10 times larger an eyebrow might well be raised and further documentation would be advisable, I'd think.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

I doubt it, but I' don't have a crystal ball. If the amount was 10 times larger an eyebrow might well be raised and further documentation would be advisable, I'd think.
i can show them documents for the wage ive been receiving for the past year? and then would a typed document from myself stating the rest of the savings were from sale of car, gifts, salaried income etc without showing any proof? i know it says only a ''declaration of source of saving''.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 3:19 pm
Born again atheist

i can show them documents for the wage ive been receiving for the past year? and then would a typed document from myself stating the rest of the savings were from sale of car, gifts, salaried income etc without showing any proof? i know it says only a ''declaration of source of saving''.
As I said in the edit of an earlier post, It might be prudent to get letters from the gift givers clarifying that they were "true gifts", not loans.
Old Feb 1st 2017, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

As I said in the edit of an earlier post, It might be prudent to get letters from the gift givers clarifying that they were "true gifts", not loans.
ok, many thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi again

for the cash savings i wanted to show grants i received into my account during 2014/15. is it ok to declare grants as savings? and can i show home office my grant award letter which i received as a student?

below is what it says on the appendix but i dont understand if it says we can use grants or we cant

Income from the following sources will not be counted towards the financial
requirement:
 Any subsidy or financial support from a third party (other than child maintenance or
alimony payments, academic maintenance grants/stipends or gifts of cash savings that
meet the requirements specified in paragraph 1(b) of Appendix FM-SE).

please advise
thank you
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 6:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again

for the cash savings i wanted to show grants i received into my account during 2014/15. is it ok to declare grants as savings? and can i show home office my grant award letter which i received as a student?

below is what it says on the appendix but i dont understand if it says we can use grants or we cant

Income from the following sources will not be counted towards the financial
requirement:
 Any subsidy or financial support from a third party (other than child maintenance or
alimony payments, academic maintenance grants/stipends or gifts of cash savings that
meet the requirements specified in paragraph 1(b) of Appendix FM-SE).

please advise
thank you
Paragraph 1(b) states
(b) Promises of third party support will not be accepted. Third party support will only be accepted in the form of: (i) payments from a former partner of the applicant for the maintenance of the applicant or any children of the applicant and the former partner, and payments from a former partner of the applicant’s partner for the maintenance of that partner;
(ii) income from a dependent child who has turned 18, remains in the same UK household as the applicant and continues to be counted towards the financial requirement under Appendix FM;
(iii) gift of cash savings (whose source must be declared) evidenced at paragraph 1(a)(iii), provided that the cash savings have been held by the person or persons at paragraph 1(a)(iii) for at least 6 months prior to the date of application and are under their control; and
(iv) a maintenance grant or stipend associated with undergraduate study or postgraduate study or research.

Does your grant fit that criteria?
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Yes it's a maintenance grant I received when I was at uni, and I also received a scholarship of 2k
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Paragraph 1(b) states
(b) Promises of third party support will not be accepted. Third party support will only be accepted in the form of: (i) payments from a former partner of the applicant for the maintenance of the applicant or any children of the applicant and the former partner, and payments from a former partner of the applicant’s partner for the maintenance of that partner;
(ii) income from a dependent child who has turned 18, remains in the same UK household as the applicant and continues to be counted towards the financial requirement under Appendix FM;
(iii) gift of cash savings (whose source must be declared) evidenced at paragraph 1(a)(iii), provided that the cash savings have been held by the person or persons at paragraph 1(a)(iii) for at least 6 months prior to the date of application and are under their control; and
(iv) a maintenance grant or stipend associated with undergraduate study or postgraduate study or research.

Does your grant fit that criteria?
Will it be an issue if the grant letter also shows maintenance loan I received?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.