Wikiposts

Born pre 1983 to UK Mother

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 8:44 am
Just Joined

verycutemama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Born pre 1983 to UK Mother

I am in the UK, but I would LOVE to be there at the ceremony...and its a pity I cant be there .... we have been apart for close on two years, so the sooner this gets done, the better.

We applied for his passport in Feb and all his docs were returned apart from the application form and the photo's. The letter he received instructed him to obtain registration and then resubmit his application, so he will be attending to this whilst he is there. They took payment in Feb as well.

So all is good and hopefully I can have him on a flight within 6 weeks....maybe less....you never know. i got my kids passports in 3 weeks, so its all up to the powers that be

Sooooo chuffed!!!!
Old Oct 4th 2013, 7:07 am
Just Joined

bsmgz is an unknown quantity at this point

another citizenship problem from me..i hope i may get some knowledge.. I am British citizen since 2003. (registered in turkey in consulate in 2003,a law changed and who born betwen 1961-1983 take citizenship)
My mother is a British. She was born in 1935 in London same as her parents and her family. My father is a Turkish and gratuated university in London. After their marriage they live in Turkey. I was born in 1961 in Turkey.

My mother is like an embassador in her new country. She always helps foreigners who visit or settle in Turkey about schools, doctors or specific problems. She continues her british culture here. Till 2003, law changing ,me and my mother had different nationality.

I am married in 1998 and have 2 children. My wife is Turkish.
My son was born 24.6.1990 and my daughter was born 19.10.1995 in Turkey.

Now my family in same conditions in same problem, we are in different nationality.I am so sad because of this. I could not give my mother roots her nationality, to my family members, to her grandchildren. Because of life conditions we don't try to live England. If I apply for registration what the result will be?

I tried to explain our situation.Please show me a way if being british citizenship is possible without living in England.
Lots of people only live there and getting citizenship but what about having real English parents and culture.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 9:57 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bsmgz
another citizenship problem from me..i hope i may get some knowledge.. I am British citizen since 2003. (registered in turkey in consulate in 2003,a law changed and who born betwen 1961-1983 take citizenship)
My mother is a British. She was born in 1935 in London same as her parents and her family. My father is a Turkish and gratuated university in London. After their marriage they live in Turkey. I was born in 1961 in Turkey.

My mother is like an embassador in her new country. She always helps foreigners who visit or settle in Turkey about schools, doctors or specific problems. She continues her british culture here. Till 2003, law changing ,me and my mother had different nationality.

Now my family in same conditions in same problem, we are in different nationality.I am so sad because of this. I could not give my mother roots her nationality, to my family members, to her grandchildren. Because of life conditions we don't try to live England. If I apply for registration what the result will be?

I tried to explain our situation.Please show me a way if being british citizenship is possible without living in England.
Lots of people only live there and getting citizenship but what about having real English parents and culture.
You are a British Citizen by descent, and, unfortunately you can't pass that on to your children.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 12:12 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Now my family in same conditions in same problem, we are in different nationality.I am so sad because of this. I could not give my mother roots her nationality, to my family members, to her grandchildren. Because of life conditions we don't try to live England. If I apply forj registration what the result will be?

As you registered as a Section 4C you are a British citizen by descent. If you lived in the UK for three continuous years before your children were born then you can apply to have then registered as British citizen as long as they are under 18. Your son is too old now but your daughter is still just young enough. If you haven't lived in the UK then the only way for your children to become British would be for them to move to the UK for several years and naturalise as British citizens.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

thank you so much for your attention..i just wanted to give to my children an option between turkey and england before they jump to their own life..they are too young and the whole world will be open for them with or without an english passport.. .. who knows future's conditions.. ( if you have a question about turkey, me and my wife may help in this web site)
Old Oct 5th 2013, 4:11 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

thank you so much for your attention..i just wanted to give to my children an option between turkey and england before they jump to their own life..they are too young and the whole world will be open for them with or without an english passport..
Unclear why you aspire for them to have an English passport. There is no such thing.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

yes, i may explain with my own and my wife's opinions.. when i was born in turkey from an english mother i am called english without british citizenship.. i am english for my friends and who knows me well..but i wasn.t english till my 40's (2003) it was a big dilemma.. and now when we go abroad i pass from EU gates with my english passport and my family use other gates with their turkish passports.. funny situations.. my children are called english by their friends and they aren.t .. ( don.t think please people separate us to our roots it is like a nickname)
we are in close relations with my mother's english community and they always think my children might continue her roots.. i chose living turkey because of life conditions are better for me.. i did not think what would be better for children and not used the ways of living england..(give birth them england etc) ( can i explain well? )
the real english is my mother and she is so sad because she could not pass her nationality.. after her my children will say only yes we have a english grandmother without a legal paper..i just wanted to learn there is a way or open point for register them.. and seems they can not..