A bit confused

Old Jun 19th 2011, 7:07 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice
Default A bit confused

As some here already know, i am planning to relocate to the UK sometime early newyear, after setting things up, i hope to apply for spouse visa for my then wife, reading the uk border website has got me all confuse.
By the time i plan to apply for a spouse visa, i would not have been married very long, plus i would not have known my wife to be more than 1 year, now ive read that you need to have been together for at least 2 years, i read this not on the uk border website but on another website giving a service in gaining visa's, now can anybody put me wise about how long we should have been together in this relationship, before i can apply for a spouse visa?

1. Me British born but not resident of uk, though wanting to return for permanent residents.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:36 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A bit confused

As long as you are married legally and both over 21 you can apply any time after your marriage, one day is OK.!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:40 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
As long as you are married legally and both over 21 you can apply any time after your marriage, one day is OK.!
Thanks pennylessinindia, for your reply, i am surprise with one day , would you be able to tell me how long the process takes, from lodging the application to the issuing of the visa, bearing in mind everything has been done correctly?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Panhandle
Thanks pennylessinindia, for your reply, i am surprise with one day , would you be able to tell me how long the process takes, from lodging the application to the issuing of the visa, bearing in mind everything has been done correctly?
a few weeks usually, if you've provided all the info...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:22 am
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe you can pay extra for expedited issue and get the visa in about a week.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:27 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Panhandle
processing times vary from country to country some take 3 months and others take a few weeks. I used one day because there is no minimum time you just need to show you are married and that you intend to stay that way.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes may help you on timings

Last edited by pennylessinindia; Jun 20th 2011 at 1:35 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:55 am
advocatus diaboli

Thankyou everybody for your answers and your time.

i will keep the forum informed when i go ahead