Biometrics - Stamped form

Old May 11th 2018, 10:47 pm
Banned

LookingForAnswers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biometrics - Stamped form

Hello,

Today we completed our biometric appointment. My wife went to TLS Contact and had them taken. They also took a picture of her. However, they did not stamp nor sign our biometrics appointment confirmation page - she did ask them to but they said this is not needed. Now I don’t have a stamped letter to send UKVI.

I will print and attach a copy of the appointment confirmation, but is it a problem if the stamped/signed form isn’t included?

Thanks all
Old May 12th 2018, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Biglittleben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Biometrics - Stamped form

Where have you heard this? I never heard anyone mention a stamped biometrics form before. As long as you handed in your signed application to them, and they took her photo and biometric data then you're good to go.
Old May 15th 2018, 10:04 am
Just Joined

TimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond reputeTimCypher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics - Stamped form

I attended a biometrics appointment with my partner in Shanghai yesterday. And, like the OP, it was a case of expectations not in line with reality.

Prior to attending, my UK solicitor said we needed to bring the printed application form, the appointment letter and my partner’s passport. At the appointment, they would stamp the form and letter, which I was to send back to my solicitor for preparation to submit to UKVI.

What actually happened was that, upon entering the VISA center, they put a date stamp on the first page of the application form, but not the letter until I asked them to do so. At our turn at the counter, the lady surprisingly took away the first page of the application form with the date stamp, and also asked for a photocopy of my partner’s passport photo page. Luckily, I had one spare. She then stamped the passport photocopy page with a much larger, more official stamp before dating it and handing it back to us.

When I asked about the first page of the application form, she said we didn’t need it. But, to be safe, I gave her a photocopy and she let us keep the date-stamped original.

I spoke to my solicitor afterwards and said that things didn’t quite go as I had expected, but he assured me that there was no problem, that each VISA center has their own internal way of doing things and this is quite normal. Apparently, getting the two documents stamped is not absolutely necessary, but may help speed up processing as you are providing proof that you attended the appointment in person, potentially saving the clearance officer from having to go and check themselves.

I sent the stamped application form and confirmation letter back to him, as well as the unexpected stamped passport photo page photocopy. He said it was right to send as much as possible, even if not absolutely necessary.

Hope that helps,

Tim