Biometrics done - now the document questions!

Old Aug 22nd 2018, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Abercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Biometrics done - now the document questions!

Hi everyone - my husband had his biometrics done today in Sydney for the UK Spouse visa. I have a few questions now about posting our supporting documents to Sheffield:
1) We paid Priority processing (no idea whether this will help...) - and they retained his passport. Given that everything we are posting to Sheffield is photocopies, do we still need to include a pre-paid return envelope?
2) We are submitting photocopies of our birth certificates, and my (and kids') British passports; do these copies need to be witnessed or authorised by a JP?
3) We are submitting copies of bank statements. Some of these only arrive quarterly, so what do we do about the transactions between the last statement, and now?
4) Do we need the bank to sign off the statements to verify that they are authentic?
5) Can we staple documents together when we send them off, or can we use bulldog clips etc?

Thank you so much.
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics done - now the document questions!

Hi,

1. If you have no original documents, maybe not. I included a UPS label and an envelope for the return as I sent through a couple of original documents.
2. I sent in a copy of my partner's visa with a 'certified true copy' stamp from our local post office. But from what I've read, it isn't needed.
3. You could print off a transaction history for the time in between. I could get statements for the period from the last statement to the date of the application from NAB through the internet banking - it took them a day to generate them (no cost).
4. We got the banks to stamp all the statements. The requirement is for originals or printed off the internet but stamped by the bank.
5. I numbered them, didn't staple or clip them. Also wrote down the application number in the corner in pencil (tedious!).
Old Aug 22nd 2018, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Abercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics done - now the document questions!

Great answers - thank you!