Biometrics and Covid :(

Old Aug 6th 2020, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Biometrics and Covid :(

Hi everyone,

I'm a UK citizen, returned to the UK from the USA in May of last year and left US husband there while I sorted out job and accommodation. Obviously then Covid hit and everything was messed up for us all.

I've just done his visa application on gov.uk, paid the NHS surcharge and visa fee, and spent yesterday uploading all the required documents on the VFS Global website. However, when I clicked to book his appointment at the Philadelphia ASC for biometrics I get the old 'There are no appointments available at your selected Visa Application Centre due to impact of Covid'. I know everything is up in the air at the moment---I'm assuming that USA application support centres just aren't accepting any new appointments at the moment as I checked online and the ASC in Philadelphia is open?

I'm a bit worried about the application just sitting there now with no biometrics book and what happens to the fees I've paid. Should I just leave it and keep checking for appointments? Will I end up losing the fees or will his application be cancelled?

I cant get a straight answer from VFS so I'm really hoping the lovely people on here can help reassure me and I can get over this anxiety Haven't seen my hubby for over a year and I really thought this was the final step

Thank you everyone in advance x
Old Aug 6th 2020, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

mavaas11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Biometrics and Covid :(

Originally Posted by eggysbrain
Hi everyone,

I'm a UK citizen, returned to the UK from the USA in May of last year and left US husband there while I sorted out job and accommodation. Obviously then Covid hit and everything was messed up for us all.

I've just done his visa application on gov.uk, paid the NHS surcharge and visa fee, and spent yesterday uploading all the required documents on the VFS Global website. However, when I clicked to book his appointment at the Philadelphia ASC for biometrics I get the old 'There are no appointments available at your selected Visa Application Centre due to impact of Covid'. I know everything is up in the air at the moment---I'm assuming that USA application support centres just aren't accepting any new appointments at the moment as I checked online and the ASC in Philadelphia is open?

I'm a bit worried about the application just sitting there now with no biometrics book and what happens to the fees I've paid. Should I just leave it and keep checking for appointments? Will I end up losing the fees or will his application be cancelled?

I cant get a straight answer from VFS so I'm really hoping the lovely people on here can help reassure me and I can get over this anxiety Haven't seen my hubby for over a year and I really thought this was the final step

Thank you everyone in advance x
Hi,
Im in the same situation I'm a British citizen and I applied for my wife's visa from Pakistan and I'm getting the same message when trying to book the biometrics.

I say keep checking and also it says on the VFS login page that some VACs are working on existing applications and the new applications. Either keep checking or they'll hopefully email you.

I read somewhere you have 120 days from application to provide biometrics. So nearer that date you could cancel your application and receive a full refund.

Also try contacting UK Coronavirus Immigration helpline.Telephone: 0800 678 1767 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
I'm stuck in the same situation, good luck and let us know how it goes!!
Old Aug 6th 2020, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mavaas11
Hi,
Im in the same situation I'm a British citizen and I applied for my wife's visa from Pakistan and I'm getting the same message when trying to book the biometrics.

I say keep checking and also it says on the VFS login page that some VACs are working on existing applications and the new applications. Either keep checking or they'll hopefully email you.

I read somewhere you have 120 days from application to provide biometrics. So nearer that date you could cancel your application and receive a full refund.

Also try contacting UK Coronavirus Immigration helpline.Telephone: 0800 678 1767 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)

Thank you so much for that info, I know my husband and I aren't alone but this visa thing can be so isolating and it feels like I am constantly hitting a brick wall trying to get an answer from gov.uk or VFS global! I really hope your wife's biometric appointment comes through soon
Old Aug 6th 2020, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mavaas11
Hi,

Would you believe, right after I left my previous comment I decided to check again and managed to get an appointment for September 3rd! The person on the coronavirus line said to keep checking even though its frustrating, as the ASC's do release new appointments and often people will cancel so one will pop up as available- Good luck!
Old Aug 6th 2020, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eggysbrain
Would you believe, right after I left my previous comment I decided to check again and managed to get an appointment for September 3rd! The person on the coronavirus line said to keep checking even though its frustrating, as the ASC's do release new appointments and often people will cancel so one will pop up as available- Good luck!
Woww!!! Good for you, I'm also doing the same, constantly checking, its like the lottery. Hopefully everything works out for you. I've been waiting for my wife to come for over 7 years, So yeah its a very stressful process. Best wishes
Old Aug 7th 2020, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Woohoo I got my biometrics booked today for Wed 2 September 2020. Good luck