Biometrics Appointment availability

Old Sep 14th 2020, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

YXY1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biometrics Appointment availability

Hi, has anyone been able to secure a Biometrics appointment?

Everything is booked up till 18 Oct 2020 and my visa expires on 20 October.

What other options do I have? Thanks!
Old Sep 14th 2020, 9:15 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biometrics Appointment availability

Once you submit your application you can remain in the UK on your current conditions until a decision is made on your application. You won’t be able to book an appointment due to COVID-19. You’ll instead receive an email inviting you to submit your biometrics via the new app or in person in a week or so.
Old Sep 14th 2020, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Ah I see - thank you very much!
Old Sep 21st 2020, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Just like to clarify something - All I have done is submit the application form and paid the fees. I have the documents ready. What is next?
Do I upload the documents on UKCAVS before the email to submit biometrics will be sent to me?

Thanks!
Old Sep 21st 2020, 7:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I would wait until you receive your invitation. If it’s to give biometrics via the app then you are also supposed to use it to upload your documents as well. If it’s an in-person appointment then you can just upload via the website as normal.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks.. its been over a week and still no email invitation...
So no point me just uploading the documents on the UKVAS website? I thought if I did that it might trigger the next step or something.
Old Sep 21st 2020, 7:58 pm

No, it won’t trigger anything. If you log onto the UKVCAS website and click on the red notifications at the top it’ll tell you when you can expect your invite.
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YXY1984
Thanks.. its been over a week and still no email invitation...
So no point me just uploading the documents on the UKVAS website? I thought if I did that it might trigger the next step or something.
I'd look at getting the documents uploaded in the meantime and then just wait for them to get in touch with you whether you can use the app or need to make an appointment.
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks! I got the email invitation today and the documents that I uploaded to UKVCAS were automatically uploaded to the app. Just did the selfie and the liveness check and clicked submit button!! Waiting game starts now 😳😱!

Thanks all for help!
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by YXY1984
Thanks! I got the email invitation today and the documents that I uploaded to UKVCAS were automatically uploaded to the app. Just did the selfie and the liveness check and clicked submit button!! Waiting game starts now 😳😱!

Thanks all for help!
Interesting to know the uploaded documents appear in the app automatically, thanks for confirming. Best of luck!