Beyond Angry! Advice Needed.

Old Aug 17th 2018, 4:11 am
Just Joined

M_a_c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beyond Angry! Advice Needed.

I FINALLY got the call today to collect my passport after waiting nearly 4 months for my settlement visa and it was approved. However the vignette dates expired a month ago.
After paying priority processing (Brisbane) and begging the home office for updates I get this slap in the face.
So do I now go through the process of a vignette transfer and hope that I get the dates right or do I just give up?? Has anyone else gone through this?
cheers
Old Aug 17th 2018, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Shadowfair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Beyond Angry! Advice Needed.

Sorry to hear this

what a joke they are
Old Aug 17th 2018, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Brisbanebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd wait for a mod to offer some advice but I would put in a complaint rather than lay out more money for their mistake. I've seen posts from people who have had the wrong dates put on the vignette and they've sent the passport back presumably after contacting UKVI.

Feeling your pain. Do you think it was sat there for a long time and forgotten or theyve printed the wrong dates?
Old Aug 17th 2018, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brisbanebrit
I'd wait for a mod to offer some advice but I would put in a complaint rather than lay out more money for their mistake. I've seen posts from people who have had the wrong dates put on the vignette and they've sent the passport back presumably after contacting UKVI.

Feeling your pain. Do you think it was sat there for a long time and forgotten or theyve printed the wrong dates?
Just think that it might have been forgotten - soul hurting. It has to be wrong printing!!
Old Aug 17th 2018, 9:31 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I would not be paying for a vignette transfer - you need to complain and get a new vignette issued gratis.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 9:36 am
Just Joined

Thank you all for your sympathies. I think someone is playing a sick joke on us all.
I originally put beginning of May to enter uk, not sure why, it's a trick question really. They put valid from the beginning of July. I asked numerous times for them to explain themselves but no one could give me an answer.
I paid near $AUS400 to lodge a new application to change the dates and booked biometrics for Monday. I'm very fearful to give them back my passport and select the right dates.
What else could possibly go wrong...? 😩
Old Aug 17th 2018, 9:39 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It's your money but I would not have done that. It sounds like a decision was made on your visa at the beginning of July but your passport was not returned to you in a timely manner.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 9:51 am
Just Joined

I'm hoping someone who has been in the same predicament will see my post. I would think this would happen often but a quick Google search reveals it's not the case.
Money or no money I've still lost all confidence in the Home Offices abilities. What fresh hell will this next endeavour bring?