British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Being Deported to the the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/being-deported-uk-930308/)

paigewestlund Jan 11th 2020 5:22 pm

Being Deported to the the UK

Hi my fiancé is a Citizen of the UK and is being deported back there after growing up in the US. I'm a US Citizen and currently 6 months pregnant with his daughter. We were planning on living with some family members until he can get a job, I could get a visa and until we were all set up. But the family member just backed out. I obviously can't go if nothing is set in stone (which means he'll miss the birth of his first baby). Anyway, we have no money to make a move like this and now he has no where to live when he arrives at the end of the month. Please, any information is helpful.

Rete Jan 11th 2020 6:09 pm

Re: Being Deported to the the UK

How did your fiancée come to live illegally in the US for his entire life? How did he come to the attention of the authorities? Where are you / he currently living? Your posted this in the European forum and not in the US forum.

Lion in Winter Jan 11th 2020 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12788477)
How did your fiancée come to live illegally in the US for his entire life? How did he come to the attention of the authorities? Where are you / he currently living? Your posted this in the European forum and not in the US forum.

Not sure that any of this addresses her questions.

However it happened, she needs to know about UK resources. And he, presumably, will need to make the UK minimum required salary to bring his spouse, as unfair as that its.

Pulaski Jan 11th 2020 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by paigewestlund (Post 12788446)
.... . We were planning on living with some family members until he can get a job, I could get a visa and until ......

Well first off, that is not how the process works under any circumstances - you cannot "live in the UK" until you have a visa, the visa must come first, so that bit of your plan was doomed anyway.

So how old is your fiancé, and what skills and/or qualifications does he have, because if he is arriving in the UK with no qualifications that are recognized in the UK, and no local experience, him getting a job paying enough to sponsor a visa for you is far from certain.

Might we also know what he is being deported for? Is it immigration violations, or does he have other issues?

WGeorge Jan 12th 2020 2:52 am

Husband should be able to notify the council that he's being deported and as long as he has documents to prove the deportation they should be able to help him with EMERGENCY ACCOMMODATION until he can be settled, however he also has rights in the United States to get a immigration attorney and try put a stop to this deportation. Also he cannot be deported without a trial! He may also ask the United States Attorney General to my acknowledge to ask him to stop the deportation depending on the grounds and the reason. When he does return to the UK, he needs to apply for a job immediately and there are UK resources available that could potentially help him out which you can find out here www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration . Also he needs to apply for a K3 visa application for you to join him in the UK. What a K3 is is also known as a Spouse Visa.

Pollyana Jan 12th 2020 5:53 am

Originally Posted by WGeorge (Post 12788560)
Husband should be able to notify the council that he's being deported and as long as he has documents to prove the deportation they should be able to help him with EMERGENCY ACCOMMODATION until he can be settled, however he also has rights in the United States to get a immigration attorney and try put a stop to this deportation. Also he cannot be deported without a trial! He may also ask the United States Attorney General to my acknowledge to ask him to stop the deportation depending on the grounds and the reason. When he does return to the UK, he needs to apply for a job immediately and there are UK resources available that could potentially help him out which you can find out here www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration . Also he needs to apply for a K3 visa application for you to join him in the UK. What a K3 is is also known as a Spouse Visa.

A K3 is a US visa, nothing to do with a Spouse Visa for the UK. The link you have posted for "UK resources" is also irrelevant - it is a link dealing with visas, he is a UK citizen therefore does not need a visa.

dmu Jan 12th 2020 2:49 pm

Out of interest, does it make a difference that they aren't "spouses", but just "fiancés"?.

BritInParis Jan 12th 2020 3:19 pm

Hi Paige, welcome to BE.

What are your plans regarding marriage? Is your fiancée currently in detention? Is he being deported for overstaying or was his visa cancelled due to criminal convictions?

Pulaski Jan 12th 2020 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 12788730)
Out of interest, does it make a difference that they aren't "spouses", but just "fiancés"?.

It will affect the visa she is eligible for (spouse, fiancée, or cohabiting partner) and the evidence that will be required, but not the financial requirements, which is likely to be the biggest issue to be overcome.