Been refused. Going to appeal any advice ???

Old Mar 13th 2016, 6:09 am
Just Joined

stuckinjapan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Been refused. Going to appeal any advice ???

We have received our refusal notice. I've got to say, I am really angry with the callous way the entry clearance officer seems not even to have been bothered to read all our documentation properly before making a decision. I met the financial requirement with my Japanese salary which is over and above
18,600 and I opted to tick with a job offer in the UK which actually I don't have but I didn't feel there was any other choice on the form ? I agree this was perhaps an error on my part.

Anyway, with our current savings of over 20,000 I thought we would be OK. I submitted my bank book and statements etc. The officer has not even taken into account our Japanese savings at all and come out with some tripe about a
'maintaining balance' which even if this a reason or part of a reason to fail somebody is wrong with the figures he quoted on the refusal notice. This clearly tells me he hasn't read everything and just used the lowest number he first came across. Any advice please ??
Old Mar 13th 2016, 6:55 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been refused. Going to appeal any advice ???

you lied so I am afraid as you are going to try and get in that way I have no advice for you
Old Mar 13th 2016, 7:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

As Mrs Fychan said, you lied on your form, you said you had a job offer, which was a lie as you would have had to PROVE that with a letter from your new employers. All you can do is to reapply and this time DO NOT LIE they will be scrutinising you applicaction much more closely as they will have, on record, your lies and the refusal.
NEVER LIE IN ANY IMMIGRATION APPLICATION. You tried to get away with it, and failed,
Old Mar 13th 2016, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

You may have met the financial requirement for your Japanese salary, but absent a job offer in the UK....you don't qualify. You ticked a box, but didn't submit the proof, because you had no job offer and no proof. That was a lie, and you are lucky it was only a refusal. It could be a ban.

For savings, assuming no non-UK kids, it's £62500, which you didn't have. The £20K is irrelevant.

You have nothing to appeal; the ECO wasn't being callous - just did the job an ECO is supposed to do. No sympathy here.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 9:22 am
Just Joined

The Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond reputeThe Sorceror has a reputation beyond repute

The OP's post is so grotesque that I almost suspected that it was a strange, misplaced attempt at humour. Assuming the OP is being serious, it is worrying....he not only lies on an official application, but is also incapable of reading and understanding the official requirements. So it's back to the drawing board, my friend.

Last edited by The Sorceror; Mar 13th 2016 at 9:53 am. Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 13th 2016, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinjapan
I am really angry with the callous way the entry clearance officer seems not even to have been bothered to read all our documentation properly before making a decision.
He or she presumably stopped reading when he came to the part where you lied. That is the point at which your application was refused. There's no need for him/her to read any further.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 10:12 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I almost assumed the OP was being a troll, I mean how can you complain when you have been caught out in a blatant lie, and then had your application refused. I still think the OP may just be a troll.

The only advice I would give him is DON'T LIE, ensure that you have all the correct documents and that you follow the requirements EXACTLY.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 10:28 am
Concierge

We have received our refusal notice. I've got to say, I am really angry with the callous way the entry clearance officer seems not even to have been bothered to read all our documentation properly before making a decision. I met the financial requirement with my Japanese salary which is over and above
18,600 and I opted to tick with a job offer in the UK which actually I don't have but I didn't feel there was any other choice on the form ? I agree this was perhaps an error on my part.

Anyway, with our current savings of over 20,000 I thought we would be OK. I submitted my bank book and statements etc. The officer has not even taken into account our Japanese savings at all and come out with some tripe about a
'maintaining balance' which even if this a reason or part of a reason to fail somebody is wrong with the figures he quoted on the refusal notice. This clearly tells me he hasn't read everything and just used the lowest number he first came across. Any advice please ??
Given what you have said there, then I wouldn't waste my time appealing, it WILL fail as you obviously lied on your application. Concentrate of ensuring you do have the correct information etc and have all your ducks in a row, get a job offer in the UK, or if that fails, then you come over here, get a job earning the correct amount then after 6 months, not 5 or 5.5 months, your wife can apply, otherwise, if you do not want to do things legally to get to the UK, just stay in Japan.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

They didn't need to read everything properly, you did not meet the fundamental criteria of having a job in the UK. This is reason enough to be denied the visa (through that route) regardless of Japanese savings or anything else. You have no cause to be angry about the callous way you were treated, you lied on your application.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

Posting this sort of thing on a public forum isn't a very good idea...
Old Mar 13th 2016, 2:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartynK
Posting this sort of thing on a public forum isn't a very good idea...
Neither was lying on an immgraton form.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Neither was lying on an immigration form.
100% agree
Old Mar 13th 2016, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Neither was lying on an immgraton form.
No, it wasn't, but that's been covered at some length. Pointing it out again doesn't really add anything.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 5:00 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

...... Any advice please ??
Ian's three rules™ for filling out forms*:

1) Take each question at face value;
2) Do not ascribe meaning to the question beyond that which is plainly written; and
3) Do not try to alter the question to fit your circumstances.

I would add "answer each question honestly", but surely that doesn't actually need to be said?

* Courtesy of Ian-mstm

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 13th 2016 at 5:04 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2016, 10:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I would be very pleased that the ECO appears not to have done a thorough sift of your wife's application otherwise she may well have been given a Paragraph 320 refusal for deception and slapped with a ten year ban from entering the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.