BC By Descent spouse/family visa fees

Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Jeremy78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BC By Descent spouse/family visa fees

A question, I have BC by descent. I have a potential employment in the UK. I reside in Canada, my wife and 3 children are CC,s. If my wife fills out the VAF4A application, do we a) need to fill out the forms for my 3 children as well
b) will I be charged the fee of 861 per child and my
spouse?
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:29 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC By Descent spouse/family visa fees

Originally Posted by Jeremy78
A question, I have BC by descent. I have a potential employment in the UK. I reside in Canada, my wife and 3 children are CC,s. If my wife fills out the VAF4A application, do we a) need to fill out the forms for my 3 children as well
b) will I be charged the fee of 861 per child and my
spouse?
You will be responsible for fulfilling the financial requirements to get them a visa.

Please check out the details here..

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spouse_Immigration-UK

Be aware that the financial requirements are under scrutiny and should be decreased as a result of a case that went to law where the judge criticised the government and said the fees are too high. The government are reconsidering the fees.
Old Aug 31st 2013, 3:48 am
Just Joined

Jeremy78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey thank you

that was very informative! I am still wondering about the application fees, will I have to pay the 861 for each dependant? Or will the all be covered under the spousal application?

Thank you
Old Aug 31st 2013, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jeremy78
Hey thank you

that was very informative! I am still wondering about the application fees, will I have to pay the 861 for each dependant? Or will the all be covered under the spousal application?

Thank you
Unless your children are British citizens, which they appear not to be, you will have to pay the fee for each obtain their own visa.

I believe that you will also have to submit the application for each too but when you send the package to Sheffield you will send it all together, so application forms for each applicant but one set of supporting documents (plus photocopies) is acceptable.