Is Bank statements necessary for spouse visa?

Old Mar 29th 2022, 8:26 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is Bank statements necessary for spouse visa?

So yeah, as the title suggests,,, because I was under the impression if you can send/show them 6+ months of payslips that would be enough?

My problem with sending bank statements is simply down to the fact IT'S A LOT OF PAPER 6+ months, and i don't really like the idea of the home office seeing what i spend my money on, ebay, bills, paypal, food etc

I have been in a stable job for 3 months, i plan to give my wife 7 months payslips (not 6 but 7)

This should be enough, right?

ok on the forum it says "6 months of bank statements or 6 months of payslips" so i guess we can pick.

right?

Old Mar 29th 2022, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Bank statements necessary for spouse visa?

You need to show that your income (based on payslips) went into the bank as such.

Some people get paid but don't put all the money into the bank - in that case only the money paid into the bank is taken into account, not the gross amount as shown on the payslips.

.... and it's payslips AND bank statements to show income.

2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies), all of the following evidence must be provided:
  1. (a) Payslips covering:
    1. (i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or
    2. (ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person
A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a)

Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
Old Mar 29th 2022, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore

I have been in a stable job for 3 months,

If you have only been in your job for 3 months, then what category are you intending to apply under? Cat B? in which case you need to prove 12 months of income to meet financial requirements.

Read the following document carefully to see how to qualify using income:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...equirement.pdf
Old Mar 30th 2022, 8:13 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If you have only been in your job for 3 months, then what category are you intending to apply under? Cat B? in which case you need to prove 12 months of income to meet financial requirements.

Read the following document carefully to see how to qualify using income:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...equirement.pdf

I meant to say wife will be applying around October (right time then) to apply enough payslips by then.

What if I show bank statements just showing the salary ? so it would be 6 statements highlighting the salary.

Old Mar 30th 2022, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Vexcore
I meant to say wife will be applying around October (right time then) to apply enough payslips by then.

What if I show bank statements just showing the salary ? so it would be 6 statements highlighting the salary.
Just provide 6 months of bank statements (in my case that would be just 6 A4 pages) . Don't highlight/remove anything ....
Old Mar 30th 2022, 6:46 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Just provide 6 months of bank statements (in my case that would be just 6 A4 pages) . Don't highlight/remove anything ....

ahh ok maybe i read it wrong, that's not bad

Thank you