Bank statements for cash savings ILR

Old Apr 20th 2021, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bank statements for cash savings ILR

Hello, I would appreciate any advice on one small point regarding my wife's ILR application. Situation is:

(a) Application made on 19 April 2021, cash savings in her name used to meet the financial requirement

(b) Bank statements in her name cover the period 25 September 2020 to 17 April 2021 and show:
- Balance on 25 September below the minimum requirement
- Balance increased on 5 October to above the minimum and remaining above until 17 April 2021, just a few movements up and down
- In other words, balance always above the minimum from 5 October to 17 April, a period of over 6 months

I just wondered if, when we upload her statements, we need to specifically highlight in colour, or refer in a covering letter, to the fact that the period runs from 5 October, just to avoid the case officer automatically starting by looking at the opening balance on 25 September, which was under the minimum amount. Or am I over-thing the issue?

Many thanks.

Old Apr 20th 2021, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bank statements for cash savings ILR

Although attaching a document such as bank statement covering slightly the lengthier duration than required is ideal to ward off any risk of miscalculation but it conversely can cause confusion as it might happen in your case. So better to weed out the bank statement covering the period until 16th October because your relevant period must be 17th October - 17th April. Also don't try to edit/highlight anything on the bank statement which might invalidate it.

Also, out of interest what had you replied to the questions about employment and is the checklist/form still insist on supplying the employment related evidences despite where if you are solely relying on cash savings.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Policy reader
Although attaching a document such as bank statement covering slightly the lengthier duration than required is ideal to ward off any risk of miscalculation but it conversely can cause confusion as it might happen in your case. So better to weed out the bank statement covering the period until 16th October because your relevant period must be 17th October - 17th April. Also don't try to edit/highlight anything on the bank statement which might invalidate it.

Also, out of interest what had you replied to the questions about employment and is the checklist/form still insist on supplying the employment related evidences despite where if you are solely relying on cash savings.
It is not possible to do this, the statements are set for the particular months and can't be changed. So maybe a covering note is worth it.

To answer your question, nothing came up about employment. My wife indicated that she was relying on cash savings and all that then appeared were questions about the amount held, the bank name, account holder and account number.

Last edited by DernierVirage; Apr 20th 2021 at 6:31 pm. Reason: Typos
Old Apr 20th 2021, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
It is not possible to do this, the statements are set for the particular months and can't be changed. So maybe a covering note is worth it.

To answer your question, nothing cam up about employment. My wife indicated that she was relying on cash savings and all that then appeared were questions about the amount hels, the bank name, account holder and account number.
In that case yes a covering letter would certainly work. And thanks for sharing your experience about this question.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Just a related question that came to mind.

My wife's application was made on 19 April, the statements cover the period to 17 April. I had in mind that providing the statement was within 28 days of the application date and covered at least 6 months then everything would be OK. Is this the case ??

Many thanks.
Old Apr 20th 2021, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just a related question that came to mind.

My wife's application was made on 19 April, the statements cover the period to 17 April. I had in mind that providing the statement was within 28 days of the application date and covered at least 6 months then everything would be OK. Is this the case ??

Many thanks.
Yes.....
Old Apr 20th 2021, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Yes.....
Thanks so much, I suddenly had a feeling of panic that the statement would have to go up to the application date !

So when I upload the supporting documents for my wife, there is not even any need to get an extra statement covering the period after 17 April ?
Old Apr 21st 2021, 2:47 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

So when I upload the supporting documents for my wife, there is not even any need to get an extra statement covering the period after 17 April ?
Correct.
Old Apr 21st 2021, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Correct.
Thanks a lot. Do you have any thoughts about the concern I had in my first post, about the statement starting outside the 6 month period and showing a balance under the minimum. Or do I just stop worrying !!
Old Apr 25th 2021, 11:06 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot. Do you have any thoughts about the concern I had in my first post, about the statement starting outside the 6 month period and showing a balance under the minimum. Or do I just stop worrying !!
Your ECO is only going to look at the six months leading up to your application date. Anything prior to this is irrelevant.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your ECO is only going to look at the six months leading up to your application date. Anything prior to this is irrelevant.
Thanks very much. So with our application submitted on 19 April 2021 and a bank statement showing at least the minimum throughout the period 5 October 2020 to 17 April 2021 (even with ups and downs, but always above the limit given in the application), we are OK ?

Sorry to be in a panic about this, I guess it's because it is ILR !!!!!