Bank Statements and Accompanying Letter

Old Dec 6th 2019, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

alyssalou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank Statements and Accompanying Letter

Per the new relaxed guidelines on original documents, can the letter from the bank confirming the authenticity of e-statements (or the e-statements themselves which have been stamped) be submitted as photocopies, or do they have to be originals?

Thanks!
Old Jan 25th 2020, 11:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank Statements and Accompanying Letter

Why would the letter you obtained from the bank be a photocopy?
Old Jan 26th 2020, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

alyssalou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Why would the letter you obtained from the bank be a photocopy?
It would be a letter that my husband obtained in the UK, and scanned/emailed to me in the US rather than physically mailing it.

I have a friend that works in the appeals division of the Home Office for visas and immigration and she said scans would be fine.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 2:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Just scan and upload your own documents. If your husband has any documents in the UK that need to be added then he can email them to you or just upload them himself with your login details.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Vicky2309 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can we discuss these new relaxed rules? What do you mean and where is it stated that the rules have been relaxed? Can I upload internet banking statements?
Old Feb 14th 2020, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Vicky2309
Can we discuss these new relaxed rules? What do you mean and where is it stated that the rules have been relaxed? Can I upload internet banking statements?
If they are accompanied by a letter issued by your bank confirming their authenticity. You cannot simply upload the PDFs you download from your banking website. Th Immigration Rules haven’t changed in this regard.

Last edited by BritInParis; Feb 14th 2020 at 11:53 am.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

robrien87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Piggybacking on this thread - Do I need an accompanying letter from the bank if they are stamped originals? This makes it sound like only electronic bank statements need the letter.

Bank statements must be:
  1. (1) on official bank stationery; or
  2. (2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.
Chase stamped 6 months of my statements on headed paper but refused to write a letter to go with it. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 25th 2020, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by robrien87
Piggybacking on this thread - Do I need an accompanying letter from the bank if they are stamped originals? This makes it sound like only electronic bank statements need the letter.

Bank statements must be:
  1. (1) on official bank stationery; or
  2. (2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.
Chase stamped 6 months of my statements on headed paper but refused to write a letter to go with it. Any suggestions?
Stamped or accompanied by a letter, not both.