British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Bank/building society statements for Settlement visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/bank-building-society-statements-settlement-visa-916488/)

boingboing Aug 25th 2018 6:57 am

Bank/building society statements for Settlement visa

Hi,

I have had a subsequent concern about one of three statements submitted to Sheffield 5 days ago showing transactions from 1st January 2018 to statement dates of early August 2018.

If I could elaborate, I am relying on a transaction paid in on 6th February to meet the minimum requirement of 62,500 pounds. The visa application was submitted online on 14th August and biometrics appointment completed on 20th August so this payment transaction is over 6 months ago. However the building society statement submitted to Sheffield was 4th August. I was in the UK recently to obtain original statements so it was a little tight on dates to request them.

My concern is that the statement presented is one or two days short of 6 months relating to this transaction of 6th February. Will this be an issue with the ECO?

BritInParis Aug 25th 2018 7:45 am

Re: Bank/building society statements for Settlement visa

And you only sent three statements to cover the not-quite-six month period?

boingboing Aug 25th 2018 8:13 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12554167)
And you only sent three statements to cover the not-quite-six month period?

It's a bit complicated to explain. All statements were from 1st January to statement printed dates of early August so in excess of 6 months and meeting the not older than 28 days. As at the 20 August biometrics appointment date I am assuming that the date the ECO looks at is from 20 February. At that date I met the minimum requirement of 62,500. However none of the statements cover the full six month period to 20 August 2018 as I had to obtain these beforehand when in the UK earlier this month. The visa application has been made in Thailand, our place of residence. The logistics of living overseas doesn't make it easy. If the ECO queries (and hopefully no refusal) I could quite easily send further bank statements after 20 August date.

What do you think?

boingboing Aug 28th 2018 7:43 am

Anyone out there have any suggestions or advice.

I fear this might be a potential refusal over a minor mistake. Although I meet the minimum cash savings of at least 6 months prior to the application date of 20 August, I have not provided statement evidence of holding this 62.500 minimum for a period of at least 6 months. The shortfall is effectively one day with statement evidence of the relevant balances from 6 February to 4 August (the 5th was a Sunday so unable anyway to request a statement on this day as the building society call centre would be closed) and the next day of the 6th would be cutting it fine to get the statement in time before flight departure). The total balances at the time of application and as evidenced on the statements was over 70,000 GBP.

I was too focused on the 6 months prior to the application date and making sure I got printed statements posted in time before I returned from the UK to Thailand the following weekend and also ensuring they would not be older than 28 days. The third aspect as detailed above got overlooked somewhat as the guidance notes don't make it entirely clear when I was completing the application forms.

Is there any possibility in the present circumstances of the ECO giving me a chance to submit an updated statement rather than hit the refusal button?

BritInParis Aug 28th 2018 12:20 pm

I don't think it looks particularly good to be honest. You'll just need to wait and see what your ECO decides to do.