Is arriving in the UK ahead of spouse okay?

Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Jagerbomb is on a distinguished road
Default Is arriving in the UK ahead of spouse okay?

I have a British passport and my husband has just got his spouse visa, although on the application form we said we were going over together, I want to leave a month ahead. Would this be an issue at passport control when he arrives without me?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Location: Beautiful Garden Route of South Africa, hoping to return to equally beautiful Kent soon!
MagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really niceMagsB is just really nice
Default Re: Is arriving in the UK ahead of spouse okay?

Hi, I'm no expert on immigration, but I myself had a spouse visa until 2006 (when I got permanent res) and as far as I was aware I was allowed to travel on my own without hubby.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Pauljarv is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's fine, I'm a British citizen and arrived back with the kids in August while US wife arrived on spouse visa in November.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Jagerbomb is on a distinguished road

My father arrived a couple months after my mother, on his spouse visa. My husband will be doing the same when I leave ahead of him.