British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Arrive in UK not from country of residence - URGENT (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/arrive-uk-not-country-residence-urgent-941005/)

CJ2015 Oct 7th 2021 3:33 pm

Arrive in UK not from country of residence - URGENT

Hello,

Can I have an ILE processed in Canada (so we do biometrics in Canada), go to another country while waiting for it to be processed, have someone pick the ILE visa up and send it to us in a different country, and then fly from that country to the UK? This is an urgent request for information. Sable is not moving fast on answering this question.

Thanks so much!

BritInParis Oct 7th 2021 5:27 pm

Re: Arrive in UK not from country of residence - URGENT

How many passports do you have?

CJ2015 Oct 7th 2021 5:36 pm

It is for my child. He has one - Canadian. Can we request that we keep the passport (exceptional circumstances)?

BritInParis Oct 7th 2021 9:27 pm

The visa will need to go into the passport so I can’t see how that would work.

CJ2015 Oct 8th 2021 1:07 am

Thanks for this information, BiP. We will have to try another way. Get our residency in another country and then apply for ILE. Onward and upward! :)

jmin Oct 8th 2021 11:20 am

Originally Posted by CJ2015 (Post 13059651)
Thanks for this information, BiP. We will have to try another way. Get our residency in another country and then apply for ILE. Onward and upward! :)

Another option is to ask Passport Canada for a second passport (you can have two valid Canadian passports at one time). This can be requested at one of their offices, not by mail. It is not listed as an option on their website but it is available for people who travel frequently and/or have their passports at embassies awaiting visas for extended periods. I would try this route first.

CJ2015 Oct 8th 2021 11:51 am

Originally Posted by jmin (Post 13059763)
Another option is to ask Passport Canada for a second passport (you can have two valid Canadian passports at one time). This can be requested at one of their offices, not by mail. It is not listed as an option on their website but it is available for people who travel frequently and/or have their passports at embassies awaiting visas for extended periods. I would try this route first.

Thank you so much! This is great news!

jmin Oct 8th 2021 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by CJ2015 (Post 13059769)
Thank you so much! This is great news!

You are welcome. A second passport is issued at Passport Canada's discretion so arrive at the office prepared to support your case. I would suggest bringing evidence that the passport is with the Home Office and it is unknown when you will have it back. Then show evidence that you are traveling in the near future. Add in some comments about how you travel/plan to travel frequently so your passports are frequently out for visas.