Arrival date delay UK spouse visa

Old May 2nd 2014, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Englishman2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arrival date delay UK spouse visa

Hi me and my wife are over in colombia she has had her spouse visa approved it was approved and the entry date was the 3rd March, we have had recently had a baby girl and are waiting for the baby's passport to arrive. God knows when it will turn up. Will my wife have any problems entering the UK 3 months later than her valid from date ie 1st June?
Old May 2nd 2014, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice
Default Re: Arrival date delay UK spouse visa

I am no expert on this....but I do remember someone answer a similar question a while back....I think it is ok to enter the UK at anytime so long as the visa is valid. However, in order to get to the next level visa you have to be resident in the UK for 30months. If you enter after 3rd June (your three months 'extra') then your visa will expire before you have been resident in the UK 30 months and your wife will have to leave or get an extension before she can apply for the next level visa.
Good luck,
Cheers
Nigel