Applying for UK Visa

Old May 19th 2014, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

brit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Applying for UK Visa

I know this is probably not the best place to ask, but I don't know where else to go!

A friend wants to apply for a short term UK visa to visit her family/friends.

I just want someone to point me to the right direction where to apply as I know there are a lot of "fake agencies" that claim to do so.

Also, for applying for UK visa within the USA (Boston area) do we just send the passport somewhere within the USA? Or do we need to send it to the UK?
Old May 19th 2014, 2:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for UK Visa

Are you sure she even needs a visa. Most US citizens don't need a visa to visit the UK.

If she does need a visa she should go the the British embassy web site for a link to the visa application forms for the UK.

As for applications for visas to the US she won't need the services of an attorney to assist in her application for a visa to visit the UK, unless she has specific problems that might jeopardize her application. Visa "agencies" should be avoided, they are just parasites!

Last edited by Pulaski; May 19th 2014 at 2:31 pm.
Old May 19th 2014, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

brit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond reputebrit_usa2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Are you sure she even needs a visa. Most US citizens don't need a visa to visit the UK.

If she does need a visa she should go the the British embassy web site for a link to the visa application forms for the UK.

As for applications for visas to the US she won't need the services of an attorney unless she has specific problems that might jeopardize her application. Visa "services" should be avoided, they are just parasites!
Yes, she does need a visa as she's not a US citizen. Only her PERM has been approved.

BIB, that is what I'm worried about, I went to the British embassy website, but nothing seems clear..
Old May 19th 2014, 2:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brit_usa2014
Yes, she does need a visa as she's not a US citizen. Only her PERM has been approved.

BIB, that is what I'm worried about, I went to the British embassy website, but nothing seems clear..
I'm not sure what is confusing. This link is part way down the embassy home page, and is the starting point for all visa applications for the UK.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 19th 2014 at 3:11 pm.
Old May 19th 2014, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Update: Thanks for the link, I guess they have changed the website design, this looks much more simpler.

However, she is now trying to register an account and has just messaged me saying she's getting an error message which apparently says:
Your registration has been unsuccessful, please contact [email protected]

Would this just be a temporarily thing?
Old May 19th 2014, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by brit_usa2014
..... However, she is now trying to register an account and has just messaged me saying she's getting an error message which apparently says: .....

Would this just be a temporarily thing?
I don't work in tech support for the UK immigration service, so how would I know?

I'd send an e-mail, but then check back with the website again tomorrow, and every day until it works or until I get a reply to my e-mail.
Old May 19th 2014, 5:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Before we go any further which passport does your friend hold?