Applying for a UK Spouse Visa

Old Jul 16th 2017, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Karisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for a UK Spouse Visa

Good day.
My husband is a British citizen. While he currently lives in UK, i live in the Phils. And, we are currently preparing documents for a spouse visa and need help😊.
On the online application am i to choose settlement-settlement-wife/marriage? as there is no category for a spouse visa. Is it the right one though we haven't really lived together?

Also, do we need to submit any application forms other than what was filled out and printed from the online application?
What is appendix 2?
Thank you and hoping for your guidance.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 1:10 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for a UK Spouse Visa

You'll be wanting 'Settlement->Settlement>Wife'. That is the correct category providing you are married.

You'll need to submit a completed application and Appendix 2 in addition to your supporting documentation. Appendix 2 demonstrates how you meet the financial requirements for a settlement visa.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You'll be wanting 'Settlement->Settlement>Wife'. That is the correct category providing you are married.

You'll need to submit a completed application and Appendix 2 in addition to your supporting documentation. Appendix 2 demonstrates how you meet the financial requirements for a settlement visa.
Thank You!
Yes got married in the Phil's. Also just downloaded Appendix 2 financial requirement form.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 2:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karisa
.... On the online application am i to choose settlement-settlement-wife/marriage? as there is no category for a spouse visa. Is it the right one though we haven't really lived together? .....
You don't need to have lived together for a settlement- wife visa. My wife got a settlement visa for the UK although we had never lived together, not even on the same continent, and in fact had only spent about six weeks in each others presence prior to marrying, of which one was the week immediate before we got married, and another two weeks were at Christmas two months before we got married.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You don't need to have lived together for a settlement- wife visa. My wife got a settlement visa for the UK although we had never lived together, not even on the same continent, and in fact had only spent about six weeks in each others presence prior to marrying, of which one was the week immediate before we got married, and another two weeks were at Christmas two months before we got married.
Thank you for your reply Pulaski. This is very helpful. I have additional queries=). How long was the visa processed from the time of document submission? Did you and your wife experienced any delay in processing? Thank you.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 3:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply Pulaski. This is very helpful. I have additional queries=). How long was the visa processed from the time of document submission? Did you and your wife experienced any delay in processing? Thank you.
It was different back then, when my wife got her visa - processing was right there in the consulate, and was finished, and the visa issued, the day after my wife delivered the forms and documents.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The "official" estimated time for process is 12 weeks. However, there appears to be a backlog these days, so, considering you are applying from the Philipines be prepared for 12 weeks +.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The "official" estimated time for process is 12 weeks. However, there appears to be a backlog these days, so, considering you are applying from the Philipines be prepared for 12 weeks +.
Thank you for your reply.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Given the current mess, I think "12+ weeks" is optimistic as some people who paid for priority processing have been waiting 8 weeks. Personally I would suggest expecting 6 months and being pleased if it take a few weeks less than that, but don't be surprised if it take even longer.
Old Sep 17th 2017, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

NativeTexan is an unknown quantity at this point

I paid for Priority Processing on May 31, and have been waiting for 15 weeks already.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Oh no! By the way, thank for the info. May i also ask if your application was submitted through VFS Phils?

Further, it was stated in their new process that supporting documents will either be submitted directly to Sheffield or scanned via VFS phils. For scanned documents, will there be limited number of pages?
Thank you.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

NativeTexan is an unknown quantity at this point

I was directed by the the UK.gov online application process to apply at the TLS Contact Center in Beirut. Sheffield Visa Section acknowledged receiving my application on June 1. I have paid for their contact emails and phone lines multiple times, and my case has supposedly been "escalated" several times, with a guaranteed response in 15 working days each time. But no response has ever come.