Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Applying UK Passports for my children - Certificate of Registration

Applying UK Passports for my children - Certificate of Registration

Old Dec 5th 2019, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Yuhikaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying UK Passports for my children - Certificate of Registration

Hi,

I am trying to apply UK passports for my children (2 and 0). I hold a British passport and have a certificate of registration. I like to understand what's the difference between certificate of registration versus certificate of naturalization and how it may affect my applications?

Any advice is deeply appreciated.

For info, I'm applying outside UK.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 11:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying UK Passports for my children - Certificate of Registration

It may be worth having another read of your previous thread, particularly BiP's responses on it - Applying for UK Settlement Visa/Citizenship for baby born outside of UK Has some info given on that thread changed? It's worth double checking before you spend time and money applying for something they may not be eligible for anyway.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 5th 2019 at 11:32 am.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 11:35 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Are you the wife or the husband? In your previous thread there was no mention of a certificate of registration as a British citizen for the wife and the husband was not a British citizen.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It may be worth having another read of your previous thread, particularly BiP's responses on it - Applying for UK Settlement Visa/Citizenship for baby born outside of UK Has some info given on that thread changed? It's worth double checking before you spend time and money applying for something they may not be eligible for anyway.
Thanks for the advice. From the recent correspondence with the officer from HM, it seems we have a good chance but need to submit the requested original documents. At this stage, I'm just confused by the difference between the two types of certificates.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Are you the wife or the husband? In your previous thread there was no mention of a certificate of registration as a British citizen for the wife and the husband was not a British citizen.
I'm the husband and I'm asking this for my wife who holds the certificate of registration as a British citizen. Yes, I didn't mention it previously as there was a lot of information and this was a point I failed to raise.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 12:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yuhikaru
I'm the husband and I'm asking this for my wife who holds the certificate of registration as a British citizen. Yes, I didn't mention it previously as there was a lot of information and this was a point I failed to raise.
Quite an important omission! Can you confirm what is written on the certificate?