Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Applying for spouse visa from the Philippines via VFS global

Applying for spouse visa from the Philippines via VFS global

Old Jan 7th 2019, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

ems2xmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VFS global services and requirements confusion

I applied online via Visa4UK and transferred me to VFS, a UK visa application center here in PH last Dec 21, 2018. Had my biometrics on Dec 28, 2018 and had just sent out my documents today Jan 8, 2019. I checked the vfs page regarding supported documents I need to sent and I was confused with several things:
1. Bar code separator
- I did not see this in uk.gov website. Does anybody need to use this?
2. A4 sized documents
- Again, same as above. Its either scanned or photocopied just to fit the A4 standard size.
3. Courier service
- VFS stated that I have to include a self addressed envelope (suitable size and prepaid). However I failed in this aspect. I used FEDEx for my courier service for faster delivery but they do not know how will I send the said envelope prepaid. So for this, I wanted to know if anybody can tell me this courier service? If I avail of this service will that suffice that I can receive my documents here in PH or rather my husband living in UK? This raised a question for me because they also have a delivery service for (approved/denied visas) passports.
4. Priority Visa
- Since I already applied online and paid my visa fee, would this mean that the queue would be shorter? I mean regardless of the outcome if I avail this service?
I do hope anybody can enlighten me. Thanks much!xx

Last edited by ems2xmd; Jan 7th 2019 at 6:21 pm. Reason: Not full title
Old Jan 9th 2019, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

spinrs2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for spouse visa from the Philippines via VFS global

ill help where i can,

1. no need for barcodes

2. everything should be scanned/copied to A4 where possible, if original is not A4 then don't worry send it but just scan a copy of it down to A4.

3. yes you should of included a self address envelope, so that immigration office can send your documents back to you. it would of been easier for you to ship everything to your husband and for him to them forward to Sheffield, This is what me and my wife did. Guess one option now would be to ask your husband to send a self addressed envelop and ask for it to be included in your application or wait for someone in Sheffield to contact you..

4. Priority visa is a service you purchase before your biometric appointment and it will put your visa application to the front of the pile, there is no guarantees with it but average decision time is supposed to be around 30 days with priority and 60 days without
Old Jan 9th 2019, 10:39 am
Just Joined

ems2xmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for spouse visa from the Philippines via VFS global

Originally Posted by spinrs2k
ill help where i can,

1. no need for barcodes

2. everything should be scanned/copied to A4 where possible, if original is not A4 then don't worry send it but just scan a copy of it down to A4.

3. yes you should of included a self address envelope, so that immigration office can send your documents back to you. it would of been easier for you to ship everything to your husband and for him to them forward to Sheffield, This is what me and my wife did. Guess one option now would be to ask your husband to send a self addressed envelop and ask for it to be included in your application or wait for someone in Sheffield to contact you..

4. Priority visa is a service you purchase before your biometric appointment and it will put your visa application to the front of the pile, there is no guarantees with it but average decision time is supposed to be around 30 days with priority and 60 days without
I did ask my husband to forward to Sheffield a prepaid self addressed envelope. Anxiety got into me after I had posted my documents. Thank you!