Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Applying for passport in UK while on Oz passport for daughter.

Applying for passport in UK while on Oz passport for daughter.

Old Mar 29th 2014, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Question Applying for passport in UK while on Oz passport for daughter.

Hi,
Difficult set of circumstances. I had to fly back to my home in the UK recently as my dad ( who is still in hospital) was critically ill. I have decided to move back. I was waiting here in Oz for my husbands UK passport. So we could then apply for my Ozzie born daughters. Thing is I have been advised that my dad will be going in for life threatening major surgery around mid may. So I want to come back to stay sooner because of this.

Question can I apply for my daughters passport while in the UK? If we enter on her Ozzie one for now just to visit my dad ?

Thanks in advance x
Old Mar 30th 2014, 12:01 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for passport in UK while on Oz passport for daughter.

An Australian citizen can enter the UK for up to six months without a visa. Although it's advisable to enter the UK on a British passport if you're a British citizen it's not mandatory.

If you're not leaving until mid-May however you should have time to apply for your daughter's British passport from Australia. You don't need your British passports to do this, just your British birth certificate(s).
Old Mar 31st 2014, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah technically you could do that, but as BritInParis said, you should have ample time to apply for the passport from Australia before you leave. Also remember if you enter on your daughters Australian passport, after six months you will have to leave the UK with her and have her re-enter on her UK passport, which could be a bit of an issue. Sorry to hear about your dad, he gets better!
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:51 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

As they say, better to apply brit passport, isn't that hard... print off the forms get 2 photos sign this sign that send to UK via DHL/UPS/FEDEX

And wait around 6 weeks... or less. (its what i did for my son and im just waiting now if they process his application or not...
Old Apr 1st 2014, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

print off form C2 and Bob's your uncle!
Old Apr 1st 2014, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
print off form C2 and Bob's your uncle!
You need to complete the application form online, pay for it and then print it off to send. The process changed recently, and it seems to be the same portal for both onshore & offshore passport applications.

It's still possible to get a form sent to you (in the UK only I think), but there is a push to doing this online as much as possible.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 11:55 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
You need to complete the application form online, pay for it and then print it off to send. The process changed recently, and it seems to be the same portal for both onshore & offshore passport applications.

It's still possible to get a form sent to you (in the UK only I think), but there is a push to doing this online as much as possible.
Not all countries do this though, (me based in china) told me to send it to liverpool and i did a few days ago (tracking it via DHL)

But now if you check it again for china? it says send it to UK visa centre in beijing..... hope that doesn't change my sons application... otherwise HELL FIRE AND BRIMSTONE from me to them.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Not all countries do this though, (me based in china) told me to send it to liverpool and i did a few days ago (tracking it via DHL)

But now if you check it again for china? it says send it to UK visa centre in beijing..... hope that doesn't change my sons application... otherwise HELL FIRE AND BRIMSTONE from me to them.
Possibly, but I only checked in regards to applying in Australia (and UK) as that's what this thread is talking about.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 1:08 pm
Looking Around~

Possibly? better not... i did what the website told me, not my fault if they changed it the last second or few days... LoL

All his documents are in order, as for other countries around 80% of them say do it online the other 20% print off the forms and send to liverpool/durham
Old Apr 1st 2014, 10:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The process will vary between countries depending on local conditions due to security concerns. If you're in Russia for example you'll continue to apply in person.