Applying for my first British passport

Old Mar 9th 2020, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Shajee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for my first British passport

Hi,

Two questions:

I have applied for my first British passport - and HMPO have asked for following:
- progressive ID for yourself from birth to present,
- progressive ID for your mother and father

Does that mean - I have to present them progressive pictures of myself and my parents?

I was born in a village - they have asked for :
- Your hospital birth certificate,
- medical/antenatal records relating to your pregnancy and birth,
I would write in my cover-letter that I cannot provide them any of the above.(hospital birth certificate and medical/antenatal records..) - would that be enough for them(HMPO) to accept?

Last edited by Shajee; Mar 9th 2020 at 9:44 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2020, 12:08 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for my first British passport

You were born in Pakistan?
Old Mar 10th 2020, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You were born in Pakistan?
yes I am born in Pakistan
Old Mar 11th 2020, 10:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Progressive ID means old passports, ID cards, driving licences, etc.. for you over your lifetime and your parents over the same time period. You can't provide what you don't have so if those records don't exist then you can explain why in a covering letter.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Applying for my first British passport

Progressive ID means old passports, ID cards, driving licences, etc.. for you over your lifetime and your parents over the same time period. You can't provide what you don't have so if those records don't exist then you can explain why in a covering letter.
Thanks for your reply Sir, very much appreciated.
Very well, I will provide them - all old passports for progressive ID - over the same time period.
I have taken a full color copy of my father and mother's valid passport (present time) I will sent them that - they will also get the original old cancelled passports, I hope that is acceptable.

Regarding the hospital-birth certificate - it makes sense, that I cant provide them something that dont exist - I will explain it to them in the cover-letter.

Old Mar 12th 2020, 3:04 pm

Worst case scenario they may request a DNA test.
Old Mar 12th 2020, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Okay that sound very unusual for me - but that is also worst case scenario

Last edited by Shajee; Mar 12th 2020 at 3:58 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi BritInParis , I just wanted to give you or anybody else who's intrested to know - " info" that I succeed to get my first adult passport.

It took me only about good 9 months - thanks to C0VID-19 to be processed.
I was interviewed online(skype) and that processed my application, finally.

I would like to thank BritInParis for your help with my questions, have a nice day
Old Oct 5th 2020, 12:39 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations.
Its also really nice when people return to give us updates and remember to thank the people who give such excellent advice on here.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
congratulations.
Its also really nice when people return to give us updates and remember to thank the people who give such excellent advice on here.
Thanks Zoe Bell I found this forum very helpfull - and I will certainly come back here again- if I need some advice - or have questions relating to UK/Expats knowledge.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 1:21 pm

Old Oct 14th 2020, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

AuthenticSailor is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats bro! I also got interviewed via Skype. 2 weeks ago. Can you please say how long it took after your interview and how it was delivered to you. The local embassy or to your address?
Old Oct 19th 2020, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AuthenticSailor
congrats bro! I also got interviewed via Skype. 2 weeks ago. Can you please say how long it took after your interview and how it was delivered to you. The local embassy or to your address?
Thanks mate, It took about good two weeks - because of their DHL team could not figure out to write my fully name on the shipping info. label (due to 'DHL Express – Denied Parties and Country-Based Sanctions' policy), cause of that - it was returned to the shipper same day it was sent - So that is why it took a week extra.

They did the same thing - when returning my parcel with my supporting documents - about 1 week extra.

I assume it will normally only take about 1 week if they do it correctly or if your name does not fall under DHL policy ruling I got it to my address. Sorry for the late reply..
Old Oct 19th 2020, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

AuthenticSailor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shajee
Thanks mate, It took about good two weeks - because of their DHL team could not figure out to write my fully name on the shipping info. label (due to 'DHL Express – Denied Parties and Country-Based Sanctions' policy), cause of that - it was returned to the shipper same day it was sent - So that is why it took a week extra.

They did the same thing - when returning my parcel with my supporting documents - about 1 week extra.

I assume it will normally only take about 1 week if they do it correctly or if your name does not fall under DHL policy ruling I got it to my address. Sorry for the late reply..

wow. That’s quick. Thanks mate. Still waiting on a mail from them. Soon hopefully. 🤞