Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Applying inside the UK on a tourist visa and can our earnings be from Overseas

Applying inside the UK on a tourist visa and can our earnings be from Overseas

Old Apr 15th 2018, 5:04 am
Just Joined

gazoverland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying inside the UK on a tourist visa and can our earnings be from Overseas

We wish to move to the UK, I am a British Citizen and my wife is from New Zealand, we have been married for fourteen years.
I am moving back to the UK in May and my wife obviously wants to follow and apply for a spouse visa...
2 questions:
1. Can she come over on a tourist Visa and apply for the spouse visa whilst in the UK.
2. Can my minimum earnings (£18,600) be from my employment whilst here in New Zealand, we don't have any savings but my pay here is over £35000 per year.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying inside the UK on a tourist visa and can our earnings be from Overseas

1. No. Her application must be made from New Zealand

2. Read the following document to see under which category you can apply:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf

Do you have a job in NZ earning 18,600 GBP per annum AND a job to got to in the UK? If so, then you can apply from NZ

If not and you are going to the UK to obtain a job, then you need to be in that job for 6 months before applying.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 5:56 am
Just Joined

gazoverland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying inside the UK on a tourist visa and can our earnings be from Overseas

Yes, like I said i am earning i high wage in NZ but i am flying back to the UK in May to a new Job. Hence can she come with me to apply and can I use my NZ payslips?
Is there a good immigration service that can help us with this process?

Last edited by gazoverland; Apr 15th 2018 at 6:01 am.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 7:12 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gazoverland
Yes, like I said i am earning i high wage in NZ but i am flying back to the UK in May to a new Job. Hence can she come with me to apply and can I use my NZ payslips?
As already stated, she cannot apply within the UK from a tourist visa. If you meet the financial requirements now, then apply now from NZ. Not sure what evidence you need of the new job, but you will need the last 6 months of payslips and bank statements I think (there are others who can give you much better advice but it is still early in the UK).
Old Apr 15th 2018, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you earn more than £18,600 p.a. in New Zealand and you have an UK job offer worth £18,600 p.a. or more, then your income in New Zealand will count towards the UK spouse visa financial requirement.

The OP also should applies for New Zealand citizenship before moving back to the UK if he qualifies for it.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Read Category 5.2 of the link I gave you: More than 6 months with current employer, overseas sponsor returning to the UK.

IF you have a job to go to in the UK also meeting financial requirements, then apply for the spouse visa while still in NZ and when issued, you can travel together.

NO, she cannot travel with you as visitor and then apply from UK.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 4:37 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If your job, which starts in May, has a salary of at least £18,600 pa and you have been earning at least £18,600 pa for the last six months in NZ then your wife can apply for her spouse visa from NZ now.

She is unlikely to receive it before you travel in May but she cannot come with you to the UK as a visitor and apply to stay. Any such application will simply be refused. She will need to wait in NZ until it is granted. If you haven't obtained NZ citizenship yet then you do so before you leave to enable you to return at will.