Applying for ILR in Covid Times

Old Oct 18th 2020, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

mcbrewster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for ILR in Covid Times

Well the five-year spousal visa path is almost up, time to apply for ILR. Has anyone done it recently and is everything done online now?
Do you upload the documents or do you fill out the application online and then have to send documents or attend a meeting?

Was late on booking the Life in the UK test, and appointments aren't available for 7 weeks. Hope it's not a problem because the residence permit expires sooner.

THANK YOU!
Old Oct 19th 2020, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for ILR in Covid Times

You apply online

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-m

... and upload documents.

Not sure about the fact that you have not completed the Life in the UK test.....I understood you had to have completed this successfully before you submitted your application ??
Old Oct 19th 2020, 3:58 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You need to have your Life in the UK Test pass result before you apply so that is a problem.
Old Oct 19th 2020, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You need to have your Life in the UK Test pass result before you apply so that is a problem.

Cheers for clarifying .....
Old Oct 19th 2020, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

mcbrewster is an unknown quantity at this point

I called the Home Office's Coronavirus Immigration help line and the person said I'd be able to apply and then let them know the Life in the UK test as been booked during that part of the application. I'll mention the backlog of people due to testing centre shutdowns. The important part is that we start the application before the last visa runs out, and we can add the test results later.

Hopefully this is the case, I'm worried the website won't let me fill out the application without a test number or something to input in that section but I will find out I guess!

Thanks for the help.
Old Oct 19th 2020, 12:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You’ll more than likely need to insert a dummy number to be able to submit the application form. Just make sure you add your real number before you give your biometrics.