British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Applying for Further Leave to Remain 62 calendar days before BRP expiry date (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/applying-further-leave-remain-62-calendar-days-before-brp-expiry-date-941927/)

mark_sheffield Dec 13th 2021 2:48 pm

Applying for Further Leave to Remain 62 calendar days before BRP expiry date

Hi everyone,

My wife's BRP expires in mid February 2022. She needs to urgently return to her own country as her father is sick. If she applies for her further leave to remain now 62 days before her BRP expires, how will this affect her future application for indefinite leave to remain? I keep reading on here that the application for Further Leave to Remain is recommended to be done within 28 days of the BRP expiring.

Thanks

BritInParis Dec 13th 2021 3:32 pm

Re: Applying for Further Leave to Remain 62 calendar days before BRP expiry date

When was her current BRP issued? Which level of processing will you be paying for?

mark_sheffield Dec 13th 2021 3:41 pm

Re: Applying for Further Leave to Remain 62 calendar days before BRP expiry date

Her current BRP was issued on 9 May 2019. We will be paying for standard processing.

Thanks for replying

BritInParis Dec 13th 2021 4:41 pm

That’s just over 31 months so she can apply now, particularly if you’re only paying for standard processing.

bestvue Dec 20th 2021 9:36 am

Be careful of applying too early because your application for ILR depends on how long you have been in the country. Applying early for your FLR you may need another FLR to meet the requirements of ILR. Sorry I don't know exact figures.

mark_sheffield Dec 20th 2021 10:07 am

Originally Posted by bestvue (Post 13082536)
Be careful of applying too early because your application for ILR depends on how long you have been in the country. Applying early for your FLR you may need another FLR to meet the requirements of ILR. Sorry I don't know exact figures.

Thanks. When is the official 'application' date for FLR? When I submit on Gov.uk? When I confirm all the documents have been uploaded on the 3-rd party portal? Or when my wife attends her bio-metrics appointment?

SanDiegogirl Dec 20th 2021 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by mark_sheffield (Post 13082542)
Thanks. When is the official 'application' date for FLR? When I submit on Gov.uk? When I confirm all the documents have been uploaded on the 3-rd party portal? Or when my wife attends her bio-metrics appointment?

if you are here on family route (as spouse or unmarried partner), and you entered UK on 33-month visa, then the earliest you can apply to renew your leave on form FLR(M) is on the 30-month anniversary of your UK entry (not from 'valid from' date on your visa, unless you arrived here on the first day of validity), minus 28 days. So for example, if you arrived in UK on your settlement visa on 17th June 2015, you can apply on 17th December 2017 (30-month anniversary), minus 28 days which will be 19th November 2017. So that's the first day you can book your premium service centre appointment for (for same-day service).

Your official application date is date you submit on line.