Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Applying for FLR(M) and booking an appointment before the visa expire

Applying for FLR(M) and booking an appointment before the visa expire

Old Jun 12th 2018, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

MoKirk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for FLR(M) and booking an appointment before the visa expire

My wife first settlement visa is about to expire next week and I am in the process of making online application and booking premium service? Will it be an issue the interview date is after the expiry date of my wife settlement? My understanding it should be OK as long as we apply before visa expiry and submit the online form and book the interview. It is not an issue if the interview is after the visa expires?

Thanks
Old Jun 12th 2018, 9:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for FLR(M) and booking an appointment before the visa expire

Providing you make the appointment as part of your online application then that's fine. However it would be best if you made the appointment as soon as possible after your wife's has 28 days left on her current Leave to Remain just in case you need to apply again.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for FLR(M) and booking an appointment before the visa expire

This is an interesting question and I am afraid I don’t know the answer! According to the Immigration Rules, the date of application is the date of the online application form submitted. However, I would have thought that the PSC appt. should also take place before the visa expires. You may still be able to get a PSC appt. if you keep logging on and getting a vacant slot but it is going to be difficult at this late stage. Of course, you can submit the application by post as long as it is posted before the date of expiry. If you decide to go that route, I would suggest you keep evidence of the date of postage and post by special delivery.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, BIP! It sounds like I have it wrong regarding the date of PSC appt!
Old Jun 12th 2018, 9:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
This is an interesting question and I am afraid I don’t know the answer! According to the Immigration Rules, the date of application is the date of the online application form submitted. However, I would have thought that the PSC appt. should also take place before the visa expires. You may still be able to get a PSC appt. if you keep logging on and getting a vacant slot but it is going to be difficult at this late stage. Of course, you can submit the application by post as long as it is posted before the date of expiry. If you decide to go that route, I would suggest you keep evidence of the date of postage and post by special delivery.
Originally Posted by michali
Sorry, BIP! It sounds like I have it wrong regarding the date of PSC appt!
Actually I'm doubting myself now.

OP: I would ignore my previous comments and ensure that your wife is booked in before her current LTR expires.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-serv...an-appointment

You can book a premium service appointment up to 45 days in advance.

You must attend your appointment before your current visa or leave expires or your application could be refused.

If you cannot attend any of the appointments available at your preferred centre before your visa or leave expires, you must book one at a different centre.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

MoKirk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you guys. I have made online application so that I don't miss the deadline for the visa expiry and I will be sending my documents by post. I felt that this is the best option for me given the circumstances. I applied using the following link

https://visas-immigration.service.go.../family-routes