Applying for first spouse visa extension

Old May 1st 2020, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Applying for first spouse visa extension

Hello everyone,

I'm back again, it is that time again, my wife's first visa extension is on the horizon, her visa runs out towards December 2020 time, I remember speaking to my solicitor who did the initial paperwork for me. He said to get my wife to take the A2 English test in April and then look to start getting the paperwork together.

She has passed her A2 test with flying colours. So now I need to kick myself up the butt and start doing my bit!

I have a few questions;
  • So what are the requirements this time round?
  • What is the application process?
  • Where can I access the application to see what I need to fill out.
  • What evidence do I need to put forward/collect?
  • With COVID19 are there are any changes that have been announced?

I want to start preparing so I don't miss anything out so I can get the application submitted whenever it needs to be submitted and hope all goes through smoothly.

I look forward to hearing the excellent advice & guidance that you get on here.

Thank you
Old May 3rd 2020, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

prospect is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for first spouse visa extension

There have been no changes announced yet re FLR - I am keeping a close eye on things as we are due end of September but I anticipate there will need to be some kind of extension period as everything is currently shut now and I can't see them being in a position to be running on schedule, after what will be about 8 weeks off work.
Old May 3rd 2020, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prospect
There have been no changes announced yet re FLR - I am keeping a close eye on things as we are due end of September but I anticipate there will need to be some kind of extension period as everything is currently shut now and I can't see them being in a position to be running on schedule, after what will be about 8 weeks off work.
There is no way that they will be running on schedule, while there is a pandemic going on, I think the sooner the Home Office comes out and lets us know what is happening, the better it will be. There's loads of uncertainty at the moment, people losing jobs, businesses, and livelihoods at risk, what is that impact going to have on those that are sponsoring their spouses. I don't know why, but I feel like we may hear something this week or next week. I'm starting to prepare now so when the time comes to submit the application, I have everything I need and there won't be any surprises or last-minute stressing.
Old May 3rd 2020, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

BRP
  • My wife's BRP expires on 24/08/2020

UK Entry Clearance
  • Valid from: 24/11/2017
  • Valid until: 24/12/2017
  • Immigration stamp: 17/12/2017 (Date of entry into the UK)
Financial
I meet the requirements which I believe is set at £18,600? I currently earn well over that amount, so that requirement is met comfortably. So the evidence that I need to provide is the following;
  • 6 months wage slips
  • 6 months bank statements reflecting the monthly wage going in
  • Letter of employment
Wife's status
So the wife is a housewife and is not working. We have one child who is fast approaching 2 years old come the end of August. We are currently still living with my parents rent-free. So the evidence that I need to provide on her behalf will be;
  • A2 Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Letters in her name (bank statement, hospital letters, any utility bills - what other supporting documents can I supply for this?)
  • Passport
  • Passport for my son (I need to apply for this, I've been super lazy & this is the kick up the backside that I need)
  • My son's birth certificate
  • Residency letter (from homeowner) - stating the we live here and rent-free, the usual.

Anything else?
I can't think of anything else that I need to supply. I would be eternally grateful if anyone can let me know what else I can provide.

So any documents, well the last document needs to be 28 days old doesn't it, prior to the application being submitted. So I take it any documentation/evidence does that need to be for 6 months?

I'm going to sign up to the website where the application is filled out in my wife's name and have a look and what they are requesting and familiarize myself with the application process.

Here we go again!

Thanks,
Jav
Old May 6th 2020, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
She has passed her A2 test with flying colours.
what flying colors as this 10 minute test only have two colors "pass" or "fail". No grade/marks.
Old May 7th 2020, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Policy reader
what flying colors as this 10 minute test only have two colors "pass" or "fail". No grade/marks.
Yes I know, thank you for reminding me.
Old May 31st 2020, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

takhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello J4v3d, quick question. Could you please mention which A2 test did she take? There are couple of options from Trinty to IELTS to Pearson etc. I am actually on the same boat and looking for which A2 test to take, Cheers!
Old May 31st 2020, 10:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by takhtar
Hello J4v3d, quick question. Could you please mention which A2 test did she take? There are couple of options from Trinty to IELTS to Pearson etc. I am actually on the same boat and looking for which A2 test to take, Cheers!
The approved list of tests and test centres can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...language-tests
Old Jun 1st 2020, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by takhtar
i think it was this one. You can also do a B1 test and then use that for the first extension and then for the 2nd extension if the certificate is still valid, that's what others have told me.
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Hello everyone,

I'm back again, it is that time again, my wife's first visa extension is on the horizon, her visa runs out towards December 2020 time, I remember speaking to my solicitor who did the initial paperwork for me. He said to get my wife to take the A2 English test in April and then look to start getting the paperwork together.

She has passed her A2 test with flying colours. So now I need to kick myself up the butt and start doing my bit!

I have a few questions;
  • So what are the requirements this time round?
  • What is the application process?
  • Where can I access the application to see what I need to fill out.
  • What evidence do I need to put forward/collect?
  • With COVID19 are there are any changes that have been announced?

I want to start preparing so I don't miss anything out so I can get the application submitted whenever it needs to be submitted and hope all goes through smoothly.

I look forward to hearing the excellent advice & guidance that you get on here.

Thank you

omg Hi,

Been 2.5 yrs already. I am on with my visa extension aswell.
Old Jun 4th 2020, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blackpearl
omg Hi,

Been 2.5 yrs already. I am on with my visa extension aswell.
Good luck, make sure you get help and advice from the awesome people on before submitting the application & evidence.
Old Jun 15th 2020, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Here is a list of proof of cohabitation - let me know what you think? GOOGLE SHEET

The phone bills and broadband bills are sent via email, I can request the papers bills which will cost me £2 per bill - pricey!

If I request these to be sent out in the post, why can I not use this as proof of cohabitation when it will have the dates from 2018 to 2020?

How will the home office know when I received the bill if I requested them now?

Surely not everyone gets paper bills, it's 2020 we live in a paperless world and not many can afford £2 per bill on top of paying for the bills.