Applying for British passport - please help

Old Jun 26th 2018, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Gregsrequest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British death certificates - how to obtain online - options ?

Can anybody help me with accurate information on obtaining a death certificate for a British citizens death registered in 2004.
I have tried the GRO site and they offer PDF copies up to 1957 only .Where else can I try online ? Any ideas please ?
Old Jun 26th 2018, 9:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British death certificates - how to obtain online - options ?

Originally Posted by Gregsrequest
Can anybody help me with accurate information on obtaining a death certificate for a British citizens death registered in 2004.
I have tried the GRO site and they offer PDF copies up to 1957 only .Where else can I try online ? Any ideas please ?
Where did the person die?
Old Jun 26th 2018, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Please help confirm... crown service, double descent, born after 1983

Thank you for your reply BritinParis. Subject died in the U.K. don't know where exactly . This is the name . Thomas Britton . deceased +- 2004 born 1919 Leeds county.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Please help confirm... crown service, double descent, born after 1983

BritinParis ,please help.

Mother born in 1947 British colony .(S.A.) British subject / CUKC .
Her father was born in Cape Colony 1920. British subject.

Married in 1965 to British citizen , who was British ' otherwise by descent ' .Divorced in 1969. A child born in marriage in 1965 in a foreign country (SA).
​​​​​​Her husbands father (ex husbands father) was born a British citizen , was in Crown Service ,recruited from the U.K. .
Child was not registered at a British consulate whilst in mothers custody due to registration by the fathers only at the time.
Application for child now possibly under UKM for British citizen by descent ?
Old Jun 26th 2018, 10:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply BritinParis. Subject died in the U.K. don't know where exactly . This is the name . Thomas Britton . deceased +- 2004 born 1919 Leeds county.
I can't find anyone born in 1919 who died in England or Wales in 2004 +/- 5 years with that name. They may have died in Scotland or Northern Ireland or the birth year may not be correct.
Old Jun 26th 2018, 10:50 pm

BritinParis ,please help.

Mother born in 1947 British colony .(S.A.) British subject / CUKC .
Her father was born in Cape Colony 1920. British subject.

Married in 1965 to British citizen , who was British ' otherwise by descent ' .Divorced in 1969. A child born in marriage in 1965 in a foreign country (SA).
​​​​​​Her husbands father (ex husbands father) was born a British citizen , was in Crown Service ,recruited from the U.K. .
Child was not registered at a British consulate whilst in mothers custody due to registration by the fathers only at the time.
Application for child now possibly under UKM for British citizen by descent ?
How was the father of the child British 'otherwise than by descent'? NB: This term and the term 'British citizen' did not come into use until the British Nationality Act 1981.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Re . otherwise by descent . The registration of the fathers British Citizenship otherwise by descent was done in or about 2007. The subject had a British passport , resided in the U.K. and was a pensioner until deceasing. I have made an application to the FOI regarding the registered Citizenship by otherwise than descent and will receive a confirmed reply within 10 days. The subjects father a British Citizen was on official military duty (RAF) recruited in the U.K. and married to the subjects mother (who would have qualified as a CUKC )four years prior to the time of birth in a former British colony (SA).
Please help.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I can't find anyone born in 1919 who died in England or Wales in 2004 +/- 5 years with that name. They may have died in Scotland or Northern Ireland or the birth year may not be correct.
I have found two possible probate numbers which may relate to the same person I'm not sure . These are them 1443766 death Newcastle upon Tyne 09 January 2004 and 1171603 death December 2002 Newcastle upon Tyne , both with the same name,Thomas Briton .Does this help?
Can one obtain death certificate information from the probate numbers?
Old Jun 27th 2018, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Spelling ....Britton .
Old Jun 27th 2018, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I wouldn't worry too much about the HMPO letter. S.12 of the BNA 1948 relates to transitional arrangements for those born before 1949.

Providing your grandfather was recruited for RAF service in the UK then your father would have become a British citizen otherwise than by descent on 1 January 1983, with the commencement of the BNA 1981, and so you would have been born a British citizen by descent in 1986 providing your father was married to your mother at the time of your birth.

In short you merely need to apply for your British passport, providing the relevant evidence: your grandfather's full British birth certificate, your grandparents' marriage certificate, your father's full South African birth certificate, your parents' marriage certificate and your full South African birth certificate as well as evidence of your grandfather's Crown service at the time of your father's birth for which your grandfather was recruited in the UK.
BritinParis the above quote refers to "otherwise by descent" and applies to Greg's request regarding the subjects father registered " otherwise by descent" because the father was in Crown Service ,recruited in the UK and served in British colony during 1939 to September 1945 , where the child was born in 1945 in January of that year.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 11:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

BritinParis the above quote refers to "otherwise by descent" and applies to Greg's request
Just to clarify, the above quote isn't in response to you, it's to the OP and about his specific circumstances. It would really have been better to post your questions on your own thread rather than tangle them up with somebody else's, let me know if you want me to move all your posts and BiP's responses to your existing thread instead.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

no the post is not in reply to mine but merely draws attention to the fact that the contents are similar for the purposes of expanding the discussion . all my posts should remain intact.
thank you .also you can see that the previous post that i have made request specific details for a specific query under the name gregsrequest and is not related in anyway to other posts other than to draw the content description for the responder for them to see their own reply post and to assist in their post going forward.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 1:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

no the post is not in reply to mine but merely draws attention to the fact that the contents are similar for the purposes of expanding the discussion . all my posts should remain intact.
thank you .also you can see that the previous post that i have made request specific details for a specific query under the name gregsrequest and is not related in anyway to other posts other than to draw the content description for the responder for them to see their own reply post and to assist in their post going forward.
OK, but 'hijacking' others posts with your own specific queries/circumstances isn't really the done thing, it's not fair on the OP for you to take over his thread with your questions. Do please bear that in mind and stick to your own thread for future questions, thx.

For BritinParis, here is Gregsrequest's original thread about his potential claim to UKC - Applying for British passport - please help

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 27th 2018 at 1:29 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Christmasoompa . It is probably better to have all my posts and BiP's replies under my original post as you suggest .
Old Jun 27th 2018, 7:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Christmasoompa . It is probably better to have all my posts and BiP's replies under my original post as you suggest .
Done!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.