Applying for British Passport.... advice please?

Old Apr 11th 2015, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

ruri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for British Passport.... advice please?

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but I joined because I will be applying for my UK spouse visa soon.

My husband is a UK citizen and I'm Malaysian. We have a one year old daughter who was born in Malaysia and we are currently living in Edinburgh with him as visitors.

I have an appointment for the fast track service to apply for our daughter's first passport in Glasgow on Monday and we've got all the documents needed in order to apply.

But I really am not sure if we are doing things the right away, if we can actually apply for her passport (since most of the people I called were not really that helpful), or if we are just wasting our time.

If anyone can offer me an advice regarding this issue would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 12th 2015, 12:21 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for British Passport.... advice please?

If your daughter is British then she is eligible to apply for a British passport. Why do you think you would be wasting your time?
Old Apr 12th 2015, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good idea.
We did the same for our son. Having his British passport makes life so much easier. It only took 3 weeks to come using the post office check and send normal service. Sent in his foreign passport with his birth certificate translated and his UK embassy birth registration certificate.

My wife returned with my son to her home country before the 180 days tourist stamp expired. She's now starting the visa application. You'll need to do the same.

(my sister in law is from Malaysia, she has ILR now in the UK)

Good luck.

Last edited by alfista1; Apr 12th 2015 at 9:56 am.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys, thanks so much for replying my post! To be honest every single thing is worrying me. The fact that my daughter and I are only visitors here in the UK at the moment makes me nervous about applying for her first passport from inside the UK.

My husband is working in London and so I have to be the one who has to go to Glasgow tomorrow for the appointment.

Even though I have all the original documents needed for the submission I still feel like something is wrong. I didn't get her a UK birth certificate though. We thought we will just apply for the passport right away.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Arghhh! I just realised that other than the application form, one of the passport photo must be signed and certified by the countersignatory